News:

Follow BoincTasks on Twitter Facebook        Visit our website here.
BoincTasks cloud login is working again

Main Menu

Testing V 7.21

Started by fred, October 24, 2013, 07:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred

Add: Expert: Check to enable or disable keeping the temperature graph on disk.
Changed: Restarts TThrottle on: a change of language, a change in the graph buffer.
Fixed: Logging failed to use the for debug tag <debug>.
Fixed: Taskbar: Starting on of the 2 Graphs at startup may result in a crash.

RCC_Survivor

Running an AMD FX-8350 on Windows 7 the temperature is off by 15C. I can change it to 0C to correct the problem but restart sets it at 15C. In V 6.50 Add: Temperature offset in Expert dialog. Set to 15C on AMD 15h Family.  I need a way to override this setting. I tried changing amdFactor in tthrottle.xml but it did not help.

fred

Quote from: RCC_Survivor on October 24, 2013, 07:12:49 PM
Running an AMD FX-8350 on Windows 7 the temperature is off by 15C. I can change it to 0C to correct the problem but restart sets it at 15C. In V 6.50 Add: Temperature offset in Expert dialog. Set to 15C on AMD 15h Family.  I need a way to override this setting. I tried changing amdFactor in tthrottle.xml but it did not help.
Expert tab: Temperature offset -> 15 or -15

RCC_Survivor

Let me restate what I wrote previously.

Every time tthrottle is restarted Expert tab > Temperature offset is set to 15C, which makes the temperature off by 15 degrees.
I set it to 0C and everything is fine until restart, at which time it defaults back to 15C.
This PC is overclocked and throttles at a safe temperature unless I change the offset setting.
Why is the default 15C?
Why can't I change it to 0C and have it stay there?

fred

Quote from: RCC_Survivor on October 25, 2013, 04:58:35 PM
Why can't I change it to 0C and have it stay there?
Change to the value you want. Next choose exit from the icon in the bar.
Restart.
Windows sometimes chooses not to store the registry as the computer shuts down.

RCC_Survivor

Non zero numbers work as advertised.
Zero changes to 15C following a restart.
I set the offset to 1C or -1C and it works; that is it does not change following a restart.
The temperature is off by 1C which is well within the margin of error, which is acceptable.

Thanks Fred!