Problems with the scalable graph window (adding 2nd vertical axis might help?)

Started by Mike, December 23, 2013, 07:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

In the scalable graph, whenever someone has temperature set to Fahrenheit, it throws off the entire graph. The CPU temp, CPU %, and Max CPU are missing (possibly the temp., percent, and Max readings for GPU as well, but I'm unable to know for sure since TThrottle doesn't detect or throttle Intel GPU yet-another topic was submitted on that earlier). Right now, the Max CPU/(GPU?) is the only line that is visible (currently set at 158 (or 70 degrees C)-anyone know if that's too high for a mobile Intel i5?). Also, the CPU/(&GPU?) temps are showing up incorrectly in Celsius on the scalable graph, but shows up correctly (in Fahrenheit) on the graph tab of the main window.

It seems like, in Fahrenheit, the scaling (and the temps being shown in Celsius instead of Fahrenheit) could be the reason I'm not seeing CPU/(GPU?) temp, and CPU/(GPU?) Run Percentage%. Max CPU/(GPU?) temp is showing up correctly. Maybe the scaling is possibly pushing all the other measurements off the bottom of the viewable portion of the graph in relation to the higher Max CPU/(GPU) temp. line, which is at 158 degrees Fahrenheit? Are we also losing the CPU/GPU% off the bottom of the graph, since the program is plotting it against the vertical temperature axis at the 100 degree mark?

Could plotting CPU/GPU% against an added secondary vertical axis label (possibly on the right side) fix this problem? Therefor, no matter what unit the temperature is being measured in (Celsius or Fahrenheit), the measurements on the vertical axis for temp. can change as the unit is changed, and the CPU/GPU Percent% axis always stays in the same spot.

Also, can you please fix the CPU/GPU temps so they are actually plotting at the right temp. on the graph when Fahrenheit is selected?

fred

Quote from: Mike on December 23, 2013, 07:35:27 AM
In the scalable graph, whenever someone has temperature set to Fahrenheit, it throws off the entire graph. The CPU temp, CPU %, and Max CPU are missing (possibly the temp., percent, and
I added it to the bug list.
Looks like something real easy, like one line of code.

Mike

Looks like it fixed the temps being shown in Celsius instead of Fahrenheit when Fahrenheit is selected. And I can just barely see the CPU % line at the very bottom (riding along the 100 degree line) in Fahrenheit mode. It's kind of hard to tell what's going on with it at the very bottom.

Is there a way to add that 2nd vertical axis for the CPU/GPU % line instead of using the temp line as the basis for CPU Running percentage? This would allow the CPU/GPU% line to be in a consistent location on the screen no matter what unit of temp. measurement we are in. Plus in the Celsius mode the graph has a great symmetry about it. We could see our CPU/GPU% running at 100% percent at the top and as our temps started getting too warm (going up toward the top), the CPU/GPU% would drop down (from the top) showing the throttling happening. In Fahrenheit, the line a reversed and it make's it hard to see and more difficult to tell what's going on.

fred

Quote from: Mike on December 30, 2013, 09:06:54 AM
Looks like it fixed the temps being shown in Celsius instead of Fahrenheit when Fahrenheit is selected. And I can just barely see the CPU % line at the very bottom (riding along the 100 degree line) in Fahrenheit mode. It's kind of hard to tell what's going on with it at the very bottom.
You can start a second copy, graph 2.
In the second graph you can show only the %

You know you can set your own line colors.