Groups of computers within groups

Started by MarkJ, January 03, 2014, 11:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkJ

I have my computers setup into 3 groups. I have Nvidia GPU's, Intel GPU's and Raspberry Pi's. In the left hand pane it shows each group and I can expand or collapse the tree showing the individual computers. I can't however see the whole lot in one go on the tasks tab or project tabs. I have to select each group. It defaults at startup to the first one (Intel GPU's).

Would it be possible to show all, or to be able to have groups within groups?

Another alternative could be an overview tab that shows stats for the farm as a whole, but doesn't go into detail, perhaps a total of tasks by state (uploading, running, etc)

fred

Quote from: MarkJ on January 03, 2014, 11:32:16 PM
I have my computers setup into 3 groups. I have Nvidia GPU's, Intel GPU's and Raspberry Pi's. In the left hand pane it shows each group and I can expand or collapse the tree showing the individual computers. I can't however see the whole lot in one go on the tasks tab or project tabs. I have to select each group. It defaults at startup to the first one (Intel GPU's).

Would it be possible to show all, or to be able to have groups within groups?

Another alternative could be an overview tab that shows stats for the farm as a whole, but doesn't go into detail, perhaps a total of tasks by state (uploading, running, etc)
http://efmer.com/forum/index.php?topic=780.0
The < and > should enable you to show any group at startup.
You could copy a set of computers into one group.
It is also possible to manually edit the computers in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\eFMer\BoincTasks computers.xml

For totals the  the Gadget is great, set it to computers, you can see the time left / tasks by Computer / CPU and GPU and how many are running.