News:

Follow BoincTasks on Twitter Facebook        Visit our website here.
BoincTasks cloud login is working again

Main Menu

Exit dialog missing.

Started by Beyond, January 18, 2014, 12:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beyond

For recent versions of TT:  when right clicking on the tray icon there are only 2 choices,  "Open" or "About", no longer an "Exit" choice.  This behavior is the same on all of my machines.  The only way I've found to exit TT is to kill it in task manager.  What am I missing?  (Windows 7-64)

BTW, the /silent option is nice for installations.  Any way to also have it force TT to exit as one of its actions?

Fred, thanks for a great  utility!

fred

Quote from: Beyond on January 18, 2014, 12:44:04 AM
For recent versions of TT:  when right clicking on the tray icon there are only 2 choices,  "Open" or "About", no longer an "Exit" choice.  This behavior is the same on all of my machines.  The only way
What version are you using?

What happens:

1) The graph disk copy is read back from disk.
2) When ready the exit should be there.

So it may take a couple of seconds, even more for the exit to appear.

Check the expert tab xx Days buffer.
Or disable it all together by removing the check at "Keep disk copy"

Beyond

Quote from: fred on January 18, 2014, 12:50:27 AM
Quote from: Beyond on January 18, 2014, 12:44:04 AM
For recent versions of TT:  when right clicking on the tray icon there are only 2 choices,  "Open" or "About", no longer an "Exit" choice.  This behavior is the same on all of my machines.  The only way
What version are you using?

What happens:

1) The graph disk copy is read back from disk.
2) When ready the exit should be there.

So it may take a couple of seconds, even more for the exit to appear.

Check the expert tab xx Days buffer.
Or disable it all together by removing the check at "Keep disk copy"

Happens on all recent versions including 7.40.  Waiting for minutes didn't make any more choices appear.  Removed the "Keep disk copy" checkmark, killed the TT process and restarted.  Voila, all the right click choices are back and function as expected.  Thanks!

fred

Quote from: Beyond on January 18, 2014, 01:46:20 AM
Happens on all recent versions including 7.40.  Waiting for minutes didn't make any more choices appear.  Removed the "Keep disk copy" checkmark, killed the TT process and restarted.  Voila, all the right click choices are back and function as expected.  Thanks!
I will take a closer look.