News:

Follow BoincTasks on Twitter Facebook        Visit our website here.
BoincTasks cloud login is working again

Main Menu

Graph scaling

Started by Pepo, October 14, 2009, 09:06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

Quote from: fred on December 11, 2009, 05:59:05 PM

Quote from: Pepo on December 11, 2009, 05:36:18 PM
The beginning of the throttling line seems to be started stright up from somewhere around 45% to 100% during maybe just one second (can't zoom anymore, I've noticed it after 100 minutes) - this is surely no slow de-throttling, which happens slowly, possibly some throttling variable was used to display throttling value with an initial value of 0%?
[...]
(My throttling range is set to 24-100%, which is matching the displayed area and possibly the reason for low initial throttling value was somewhere else - I'll try to remember to keep my eye on in the next time I'll reboot (usually once in a couple of weeks ;D)).

As far as I can check TThrottle always starts with the minimum value, 24% in this case and works it way up.
When you scale to a longer period the values are middled out so it may be that some peaks are not shown but are actually there.

Well, you are right, I should've tried this too - just to start TThrottle once again. It behaves (zoomed to 1-5 minutes) just as you write - slowly, deterministically rising from the lower to the upper limit - a secure behaviour, and (zoomed to 12 hours) looks just as I've described it  ;D

OK, I'm taking my complaint back - It happens correctly, per purpose and is displaying the truth!
Peter