How to Acvtivate Project and Team Ranks

Started by Cruncher Pete, April 30, 2014, 11:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruncher Pete

I don't seem to be able to activate the option to show Project and Team Ranks.  It shows ?/? on both fields.

fred

Quote from: Cruncher Pete on April 30, 2014, 11:53:39 AM
I don't seem to be able to activate the option to show Project and Team Ranks.  It shows ?/? on both fields.
Go the the expert tab and read this: http://www.efmer.eu/boinc/boinc_tasks/manual_settings.html#expert

TeeVeeEss

Yes, i did fill in my CPID (36a6d488ab7a8300adc114ce5af660c4) in the expert tab, it is the same in all projects I crunch for.
But for some projects the ?/? is still shown and for others the correct positions:

Project                           Project position Team Position  Team
boincsimap                        ?/?              ?/?            BOINCstats
CERNVM/Vboxwrapper Test Project   ?/?              ?/?            BOINCstats
Docking                           ?/?              ?/?            BOINCstats
LHC@home 1.0                      ?/?              ?/?            BOINCstats
MindModeling@Beta                 ?/?              ?/?            BOINCstats
NumberFields@home                 727/3.256        10/10          BOINCstats

Did a little debugging... Looks like BoincTasks is using an old (outdated) project-url for the projects showing ?/?.

Example: found for SIMAP the old url in file [CPID].xml in the xml-folder. After changing it to the current url http://boincsimap.org/boincsimap/ and restarting BT:
boincsimap   172/34.486   13/52   BOINCstats

Probably an easy fix (always use recent project-url for creating [CPID].xml) for the next version of BT?

fred

Quote from: TeeVeeEss on May 29, 2014, 01:27:12 PM
Probably an easy fix (always use recent project-url for creating [CPID].xml) for the next version of BT?
As I can remember the project file is update by the BOINC client. I't on my list to check.
There can be different CPID for the same computer, eventually they will all work to the same CPID but that can take some time.
That's why you can fill in more than one CPID.

TeeVeeEss

Just to be sure: you are using the CPID of the BOINC-user at the expert-tab, not the CPID of the host?
Because the CPID of the host can change often...

fred

Quote from: TeeVeeEss on May 29, 2014, 01:56:08 PM
Just to be sure: you are using the CPID of the BOINC-user at the expert-tab, not the CPID of the host?
Because the CPID of the host can change often...
Yep, but I can't remember why.
It would be better to use the CPID of the actual computer. I will change that in the next version.

Maybe because older clients couldn't show the CPID remotely.

TeeVeeEss

If the computer where BT is installed is not used for crunching, there is no computer CPID...

fred

Quote from: TeeVeeEss on May 29, 2014, 02:04:08 PM
If the computer where BT is installed is not used for crunching, there is no computer CPID...
I mean all connected computers..... , computers with BOINC installed.
You can see it in the Computer tab, by clicking on a computer with the right mouse key and selecting Computer Properties.

TeeVeeEss

Doh! Of course it are the CPID's of the connected computers, sorry about that ;D
So you could start using the CPID of the connected computer. If that gives no info, use the CPID(s) from the expert tab?

fred

Quote from: TeeVeeEss on May 29, 2014, 09:25:50 PM
So you could start using the CPID of the connected computer. If that gives no info, use the CPID(s) from the expert tab?
Yep something like that.

fred

No luck to get it automatically. So far I found no way to do this automatically.

I put in a request to get it added to the new client.