TT 7.52

Started by oldfool, October 17, 2014, 08:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldfool

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post here, since I'm not an official tester. I apologize beforehand for any inconvenience.

TT 7.52 does not fully detect the AMD A10-5800K CPU. It treats it as a general AMD, which works fine except that TT doesn't know the temperature offset. Which is (about) +13 Celsius according to SpeedFan, which does detect the CPU properly. The A10 has only one temp. sensor, so no separate core sensors (4-core, no virtual cores). CPU-Z sees the processor as a single CPU with four cores. Windows 8.1-x64 and 7-x64 see it as two dualcores on a single die.

Maybe this may be useful: CPU family =0x15, PCI Sensor Control Register = 0xC3, Temperature Control Register = 0xA4.
Since TT can already find the temp register via the Generic sensor address, I think it's enough to simply add +13 (decimal) to the temperature read. I do this via the 'Expert' tab and it works fine.

So in C# the reading would be (not sure because I'm not a C# programmer):

(value = temp reading from register)
RealTemperature.Value = ((value >> 21) & 0x7FF) / 8.0f +  13; ... or something similar.

As said, manually specifying the +13 offset works fine.

Groet  ;D

fred

Quote from: oldfool on October 17, 2014, 08:09:56 AM
As said, manually specifying the +13 offset works fine.
Depends who is measuring what, is there any info that support the 13C offset.

oldfool

You are correct. Indeed there is nothing to support 13C. Users report other offsets. Which means that Speedfan's offset is also guesswork.

I'm sorry to have bothered you; the way TT handles the temp now -showing the bare sensor reading- is the only correct solution.

Thanks.

fred

Quote from: oldfool on October 18, 2014, 11:12:48 AM
I'm sorry to have bothered you; the way TT handles the temp now -showing the bare sensor reading- is the only correct solution.
All datasheets state that the sensors are not intended for temperature measurements, let alone being accurate.

Corsair

hi all,

started to run my computers with windows 10 pro x64 everything looks fine but the computer with AMD APU (R7) & HD7770 has lost the reading of the second GPU temperature the R7 in the system as GPU0 and only giving one reading that is for the HD7770 in the system as GPU1 but Boincview is giving this reading as GPU0 instead of GPU1 I understand the issue because is only reading one temperature, but why the second reading has been lost??  :'(
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on August 05, 2015, 07:22:17 PM
started to run my computers with windows 10 pro x64 (
Wait and see for a couple of weeks, there are plenty of driver problems out there.