Mobile boinc display in Boinctasks

Started by idahofisherman, January 05, 2015, 12:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idahofisherman

Is there future plans to include mobile boinc into boinctasks?   Since there is the  requirement that it be connected to a  local WiFi which is usually a home routed WiFi.  It would be nice to see what the status is, what task are executing etc. presently you must turn on the  mobile phone and this stops the boinc client.   I understand that the mobile client is somewhat  limited, but in my  home the mobile phone is on  the charger most of the day.  At least the status of  projects that are presently executing, waiting to execute and ready to start.

fred

Quote from: idahofisherman on January 05, 2015, 12:00:43 PM
Is there future plans to include mobile boinc into boinctasks?
You mean the official Android BOINC version?
This is probably not going to happen, the client doesn't allow any outside access, for security reasons.
What you can do is request this feature in the BOINC forum.

cristipurdel

Could a simpler version be made for android devices?
I would be more interested in seeing if at least are online and what is the cpu utilization.
I already have more than 5 android devices, and it is kind of boring each day to check if they are still working or not.

fred

Quote from: cristipurdel on January 05, 2017, 09:13:31 PM
Could a simpler version be made for android devices?
I would be more interested in seeing if at least are online and what is the cpu utilization.
I already have more than 5 android devices, and it is kind of boring each day to check if they are still working or not.
Are you using Native BOINC ?
You can connect Native BOINC with BoincTasks.

cristipurdel

NativeBOINC is giving me the error "Unable to get access password" on Android 5.* and 6.*
On Android 4.* it is still working, but there were other issues with NativeBOINC.
So for me the only option is official app.

fred

Quote from: cristipurdel on January 06, 2017, 08:24:49 AM
So for me the only option is official app.
The problem is the official app doesn't support remote access as far I know.

cristipurdel

Can you not just bypass the boinc remote access?
For me is sufficient to know:
1. Which smartphones are connected to the same local wifi
2. What is the CPU% of all connected Smartphones on the same wifi network
If I know this info, I don't care which projects have deadline or whatever, since the official boinc app is doing a pretty good job of managing this stuff, plus I can also use bam to manage indirectly.

fred

Quote from: cristipurdel on January 07, 2017, 08:15:15 PM
Can you not just bypass the boinc remote access?
No the BOINC client is totally inaccessible by other apps.
You can check in the BOINC forum if they changed this or planning to.