BOINC Tasks loses network connection with a VPN running

Started by camaro1919, January 18, 2015, 03:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

camaro1919

I just started using OpenVPN to create a VPN portal on a W7 computer that BOINC Tasks 1.66 is installed on.  I have 3 other W7 computers on a home LAN network that I use BOINC Tasks to monitor.  All 4 computers have fixed IP addresses.  BOINC Tasks loses connection with the 3 networked computers when I create the VPN portal.  Can anyone suggest a fix for this?

UPDATE - Everything seemed to work fine for about 10 hours after creating the VPN portal, then I lost the network connections to the other 3 computers.  I was not working on any of the computers at the time.

Thanks, Ron

fred

Quote from: camaro1919 on January 18, 2015, 03:28:22 PM
Thanks, Ron
Did you try: Expert tab: Reconnect every 120 seconds.
Will try to reconnect if the connection is lost.

camaro1919

QuoteDid you try: Expert tab: Reconnect every 120 seconds.  Will try to reconnect if the connection is lost.

The reconnect time is set for 120 seconds.  I stopped the VPN connection, and the other computers did reconnect.  I will try some experiments to try and find what may be causing the problem.  It may be 4 or 5 days before I can try anything, I am going on a business trip.
Thanks, Ron

fred

Quote from: camaro1919 on January 18, 2015, 09:26:14 PM
The reconnect time is set for 120 seconds.  I stopped the VPN connection, and the other computers did reconnect.
Try: Show -> Log

Check: Enable debug mode

In the same dialog select: Debug setup

Check Connecting and restart BoincTasks.

That should show some more info in the logging.