Temperature not showing in BoincTasks tasK tab

Started by idahofisherman, February 04, 2015, 12:06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idahofisherman

I have two laptops running on my home net  work. One  runs Vista and  the other runs windows 8.1.

Since I updated Boinc to 7.4.36 I   have  not been able to get temperatures for  these two laptops to display in bionctasks  task tab.  It worked perfectly before.    The version number of the ttrottle shows in the computer tab for the two laptops.

I have rebooted all three   machines involved (BOINCTASKS runs on an XP3 machine).  Reset and restarted the modem/router involved.  Checked the documentation involve to make sure that I have all the necessary options set to make  it run.   Am running TThrottle 7.52, Boinctasks 1.67, and Boinc 7.4.36.   Anybody got any ideas?

PS: I found that  if I select a task for one of the  Laptops in Boinctasks and double click it, I get temperature as well as the throttle percentage, memory used, and virtual memory used for that task.  The other tasks on that particular machine are not filled in.

fred

Quote from: idahofisherman on February 04, 2015, 12:06:07 AM
I have two laptops running on my home net  work. One  runs Vista and  the other runs windows 8.1.
There isn't any reason who an BOINC Client update would cause this.
The Computers tab shows the TThrottle column version?

BoincTasks General -> Connect to TThrottle.
A different Password in BoincTasks and TThrottle may cause a problem.

Make sure you run the latest TThrottle version on all your machines.

What may cause it otherwise is a firewall blockage of port 31417 used by TThrottle.
BoincTasks logging should show  Connected to: Host: localhost, xxxx,Port: 31417, TThrottle Version: 7.52

idahofisherman

I found the reason why it wasn't working.  When you  turn on filtering for running tasks the temperature fields are blanked.    Turn filtering off for running tasks and the temperature appears.  I don't know if this is a bug  or  not.

fred

fred

Quote from: idahofisherman on March 10, 2015, 10:19:27 PM
I found the reason why it wasn't working.  When you  turn on filtering for running tasks the temperature fields are blanked.    Turn filtering off for running tasks and the temperature appears.  I don't know if this is a bug  or  not.
Fixed in 1.71.