Do I need to keep boinc installed?

Started by qwxrty, May 11, 2015, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qwxrty

Do I just make it so boinc doesn't run at startup or uninstall it?

fred

Quote from: qwxrty on May 11, 2015, 12:17:07 AM
Do I just make it so boinc doesn't run at startup or uninstall it?
You do need BOINC.
You can disable the BOINC Manager and let BoincTasks start BOINC at login.

qwxrty

Okay I realize now what tthrottle does. Do I need boinctasks? I just installed it and it seems to be a more fancy boinc manager. If I'm right, is boinc manager or boinctasks better if all I'm interested in from the manager is program stability? I have my setup with boinc manager set to let everything run 100% and tthrottle's basic auto active feature, besides that I have no want or need for any kind of custom settings. I have an i7-3770k, titan, 16gb ram, samsung 840 pro 512gb, I've been running boinc full blast without tthrottle while playing the newest games in max graphics, expect now that it's summer there's too much heat so that's why I got tthrottle. So with my setup and lack of need for any kinds of extra settings is boinctasks worth having or should I just stick with the default boinc manager and tthrottle?

If I can simply stick with the default boinc and tthrottle, you don't even have to reply.

Thanks for tthrottle, I got no idea why boinc can't just keep my titan from melting on its own you'd think they'd cover all their bases since we're dedicating our computers to saving everybody and everything. See ya at the #1 spot on gpugrid!

fred

Quote from: qwxrty on May 11, 2015, 12:43:58 PM
Okay I realize now what tthrottle does. Do I need boinctasks? I just installed it and it seems to be a more fancy boinc manager. If I'm right, is boinc manager or boinctasks better if all I'm interested in from the manager is program stability? I have my setup with boinc manager set to let everything run 100% and tthrottle's basic auto active feature, besides that I have no want or need for any kind of custom settings. I have an i7-3770k, titan, 16gb ram, samsung 840 pro 512gb, I've been running boinc full blast without tthrottle while playing the newest games in max graphics, expect now that it's summer there's too much heat so that's why I got tthrottle. So with my setup and lack of need for any kinds of extra settings is boinctasks worth having or should I just stick with the default boinc manager and tthrottle?

If I can simply stick with the default boinc and tthrottle, you don't even have to reply.

Thanks for tthrottle, I got no idea why boinc can't just keep my titan from melting on its own you'd think they'd cover all their bases since we're dedicating our computers to saving everybody and everything. See ya at the #1 spot on gpugrid!
Oeps, TThrotte.
You don't need BoincTasks to use TThrottle.
BoincTasks is better, but I'm hardly objective.
Just try, it's easy to remove afterwards.
Good luck at gpugrid.