News:

Follow BoincTasks on Twitter Facebook        Visit our website here.
BoincTasks cloud login is working again

Main Menu

Cannot abort Tasks

Started by sphynx, May 18, 2018, 09:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sphynx

I have an interesting problem. I'm running BoincTasks 1.75 and it works great, except if I try to abort a task, then the screen freezes and I have to use Windows 7 Task Manager to shut down the application. Once restarted, it again works fine until I make the mistake of aborting a task.  Interesting that when under the Transfer tab I can abort downloads without any problem.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled earlier versions, same problem. When I first installed it the programs worked fine for 2 years, then overnight this issue surfaced.

I have this same version on 2 different laptops and both work without any issue, unfortunately I don't want t use them for my BoincTasks management. Any help would be appreciated.

fred

Quote from: sphynx on May 18, 2018, 09:03:51 PM
I have an interesting problem. I'm running BoincTasks 1.75 and it works great, except if I try to abort a task, then the screen freezes and I have to use Windows 7 Task Manager to shut down the application. Once restarted, it again works fine until I make the mistake of aborting a task.  Interesting that when under the Transfer tab I can abort downloads without any problem.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled earlier versions, same problem. When I first installed it the programs worked fine for 2 years, then overnight this issue surfaced.

I have this same version on 2 different laptops and both work without any issue, unfortunately I don't want t use them for my BoincTasks management. Any help would be appreciated.
Interesting, the abort doesn't do much that would cause the program to freeze.

Click on the abort icon, that should bring up the popup menu.
now click No, does that work?

sphynx

No, Windows gives an error bell and no popup comes up when you try to abort.

I've found that reset or detach from the project also cause the same freeze.

fred

Quote from: sphynx on May 20, 2018, 03:29:32 AM
No, Windows gives an error bell and no popup comes up when you try to abort.

I've found that reset or detach from the project also cause the same freeze.
OK when you choose about the program freezes....
When you hit the escape button the program comes back to normal??

Close BoincTasks
Start regedit
and go here: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\eFMer\BoincTasks\window_position
Now delete all keys starting with Yes_no
Restart BoincTasks.

sphynx

That worked! Thanks Fred I really appreciate the help.

fred

Quote from: sphynx on May 21, 2018, 05:37:52 AM
That worked! Thanks Fred I really appreciate the help.
Great the word freeze made me look in the wrong direction.