Lost "sidebar computer selection"

Started by hucker, April 14, 2016, 09:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hucker

I clicked something accidentally within the sidebar for selecting computers, and it disappeared.  It's ticked in the view menu, but it isn't there.  I've tried unticking and reticking it, I've tried closing and reopening BOINCTasks, and I've tried to find a little button on the left edge of the window to pull it back.  But it's gone forever, please help!

hucker

Ok, I got it back eventually, by turning on the project sidebar and fiddling about trying to resize both of them.  But there is some kind of bug - the resizing gets jammed and it's very difficult to get them to enlarge bigger than half an inch!

fred

I agree i't certainly not perfect, but it's only used one in a while.
Click on the divider and than drag it around.

It will take some serious programming to get this fixed so a lot of work that I don't have the time for, so much other stuff to do.

Don922

Hi,

Any update on this. I too have lost the Computer Selection and the Project Selection sidebars trying to resize it. I am unable to get it back. I was running 1.73 and even upgraded to 1.75 but no luck.

hucker

The size of those toolbars must be stored in an ini file or in the registry somewhere.  If a programmer could tell us where they were, we could reset them.

I presume it's something in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\eFMer\BoincTasks

There are many entries under that called dock_state-Bar0 to Bar8.  One of those needs deleting or changing in some way?

fred

Close BoincTasks.
Next run regedit

Go here Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\eFMer\BoincTasks

Next delete every entry with dock_state.

Try if this solved the problem.

If it doesn't.
Try again (close BoincTaks) and also delete
In window_position and NOT the whole folder.

_bar_computer_cx_
_bar_computer_cy_
_bar_project_cx_
_bar_project_cy_