Only 32 clients can be synchronized

Started by Roadranner, June 05, 2016, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadranner

At  >Projects -> Synchronize<  I'm only able to handle 32 machines - the other ones show light gray (same as disconnected pcs).
Is this a known limitation or is it a bug?

fred

Quote from: Roadranner on June 05, 2016, 12:40:44 PM
At  >Projects -> Synchronize<  I'm only able to handle 32 machines - the other ones show light gray (same as disconnected pcs).
Is this a known limitation or is it a bug?
Projects -> Synchronize -> All
No known problems, but I have no way of testing it.
It's a command and enters a black box the Account manager it should handle the rest.
The dropdown box itself may be limited, but again not able to test that many computers.

Roadranner

>Projects -> Synchronize -> All<  works.
Maybe you can test more pcs using virtual machines instead?
The vms can be installed with minimum hardware resources to test this special purpose.

fred

Quote from: Roadranner on June 05, 2016, 06:17:01 PM
>Projects -> Synchronize -> All<  works.
I just checked this is done for all selected computers.
But synchronization should be done automatically by the account Manager.

When using the account manager you shouldn't need to use BoincTasks....

But back to your question "the other ones show light gray" where are they shown light gray?

Roadranner

I thought I told you above, but again:

Projects -> Synchronize - there I can select all computers or a single machine.
At the moment I have 41 active pcs; the first 32 of them are shown dark grey and can be selected for synchonisation, the other 9 active pcs
and 7 inactive pcs are shown light grey and can't be selected for synchronisation.

Yesterday I deactivated 14 pcs and now only 18 are shown dark grey. So it's not a limitation - it's a bug.
I can control all machines remotely on the pc where BoincTasks is installed!

fred

Quote from: Roadranner on June 07, 2016, 08:12:17 AM
At the moment I have 41 active pcs; the first 32 of them are shown dark grey and can be selected for synchonisation, the other 9 active pcs
and 7 inactive pcs are shown light grey and can't be selected for synchronisation.

Yesterday I deactivated 14 pcs and now only 18 are shown dark grey. So it's not a limitation - it's a bug.
I can control all machines remotely on the pc where BoincTasks is installed!
Still not sure what's grey, in a tab, dropdown menu, a picture can make it clearer to me.

Yeti

I have the same problem.

In the Hardcopy you can see, that for the Host RemoteTLD I can't change anything regarding Networking

Yeti

Quote from: Roadranner on June 05, 2016, 06:17:01 PM
Much easier would be to make additional instanzes of BOINC on the same machine (At the moment I'm running up to 15 on 1 PC)

Or, you come with RemoteControlSoftware on my Desktop (Teamviewer). Please send me PM if wanted

fred

Quote from: Yeti on March 31, 2017, 11:51:29 AM
OK I'm busy on some other projects, so I may take a while.
It's on my to do list.

fred

Yeti

Is there a Max-Limit for the Hosts ?

fred