B.T. 1.73

Started by Corsair, June 25, 2017, 12:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corsair

in Message tab in about mid or first half of the rows of the screen this line continuos moves up & down one row in the middle giving not steady reading of the rows.

but the behaviour is quite strange because only happens when the computer selected is the one selected before, because loading computer by computer to read the message the display is steady with no line jump.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on June 25, 2017, 12:12:22 PM
in Message tab in about mid or first half of the rows of the screen this line continuos moves up & down one row in the middle giving not steady reading of the rows.

but the behaviour is quite strange because only happens when the computer selected is the one selected before, because loading computer by computer to read the message the display is steady with no line jump.
Sorting is set to ? v Nr highest numbers on top?

Corsair

No, ^ smaller numbers on top and growing.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on June 25, 2017, 12:17:14 PM
No, ^ smaller numbers on top and growing.
I can't reproduce.On other computers the list  may shift and go up or down. The list is almost never the same length and

mmonnin

I just upgraded from 1.69 to 1.73. The projects sidebar only goes about half way down the screen so there is a scroll bar. Also if All Projects is selected it always scrolls back to the top where All Projects is selected.

I upgraded as I couldn't get a new client to connect. Does BT require the data directory to be in the default location?

fred

Quote from: mmonnin on September 16, 2017, 01:03:55 PM
1)The projects sidebar only goes about half way down the screen so there is a scroll bar. Also if All Projects is selected it always scrolls back to the top where All Projects is selected.
2) Does BT require the data directory to be in the default location?
1) Point your cursor to the top of the Project sidebar and click the left mouse and move it to the right. Now adjust the height and move it back to the left until it snaps in.
2) You mean the BOINC Data directory,  yes and no. While installing the BOINC client you should give the right location for the BOINC client to install.

mmonnin

Quote from: fred on September 16, 2017, 01:25:48 PM
Quote from: mmonnin on September 16, 2017, 01:03:55 PM
1)The projects sidebar only goes about half way down the screen so there is a scroll bar. Also if All Projects is selected it always scrolls back to the top where All Projects is selected.
2) Does BT require the data directory to be in the default location?
1) Point your cursor to the top of the Project sidebar and click the left mouse and move it to the right. Now adjust the height and move it back to the left until it snaps in.
2) You mean the BOINC Data directory,  yes and no. While installing the BOINC client you should give the right location for the BOINC client to install.

1. That extended it to the bottom. Now I can't see the last project as there is no scroll bar haha.
2. Boinc Tasks. Does this application require the BOINC Data directory to be at C:\ProgramData\BOINC. During BM install I moved it to D:\ProgramData\BOINC since some of the VMs get quite large. I can't connect a new W10 client for some reason. Thought this might be the reason.

fred

Quote from: mmonnin on September 16, 2017, 04:57:16 PM
1. That extended it to the bottom. Now I can't see the last project as there is no scroll bar haha.
2. Boinc Tasks. Does this application require the BOINC Data directory to be at C:\ProgramData\BOINC. During BM install I moved it to D:\ProgramData\BOINC since some of the VMs get quite large. I can't connect a new W10 client for some reason. Thought this might be the reason.

1)
Exit BoincTasks:
Next regedit
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\eFMer\BoincTasks\window_position
Delete  the two keys:
_bar_project_cx_
_bar_project_cy_

2) There is a lot of info online like this http://boinc.berkeley.edu/dev/forum_thread.php?id=9633

mmonnin

Quote from: fred on September 16, 2017, 05:04:18 PM
Quote from: mmonnin on September 16, 2017, 04:57:16 PM

1)
Exit BoincTasks:
Next regedit
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\eFMer\BoincTasks\window_position
Delete  the two keys:
_bar_project_cx_
_bar_project_cy_

2) There is a lot of info online like this http://boinc.berkeley.edu/dev/forum_thread.php?id=9633

I came to this site cause I am asking about BOINC TASKS. Your program, not BOINC MANAGER. BM is working fine. BOINC Task connection to it is not.

fred

Quote from: mmonnin on September 16, 2017, 05:15:41 PM

I came to this site cause I am asking about BOINC TASKS. Your program, not BOINC MANAGER. BM is working fine. BOINC Task connection to it is not.
If the BoincManager is working BoincTasks should work as well.
In BoincTasks go to Show ->logging  and  check "Enable debug mode".
BoincTasks check the registry and tries to read the local password.
Logging  localhost get local password: (C:\ProgramData\BOINC\\gui_rpc_auth.cfg)
Next it should show Start BOINC client

Check settings->General
Check "Start BoincTasks at login"
Check "Start BOINC client when BoincTasks starts"
Delay starting BOINC client any number in seconds.

If the BOINC client is running and BoincTasks can't connect to the local machine, it's almost certainly a firewall problem, it is blocking BoincTasks.

mmonnin

Oh refresh the active selection always goes back to the projects sidebar. I tried counting tasks I have by moving through the tasks with the arrow keys and each refresh it would move my active selection over to the projects and my arrow keys would move through that sidebar. It used to not do that.

mmonnin

I went back to 1.69. This version has regressed. I finished work on one of my extra clients on a remote computer for the Formula BOINC team competition so I told the client, through BT, No New Work. It still got new work. I abort it. It got another. I suspend the whole project and BT still got another. Projects sidebar had it as NNW and Suspended but there was a WUProp task running anyway. There is no other BM controlling that client besides BT. Back on 1.69 suspending the project properly suspended the task.

fred

Quote from: mmonnin on September 17, 2017, 11:55:07 PM
I went back to 1.69. This version has regressed. I finished work on one of my extra clients on a remote computer for the Formula BOINC team competition so I told the client, through BT, No New Work. It still got new work. I abort it. It got another. I suspend the whole project and BT still got another. Projects sidebar had it as NNW and Suspended but there was a WUProp task running anyway. There is no other BM controlling that client besides BT. Back on 1.69 suspending the project properly suspended the task.
Weird that you are reporting these issues, as there is absolutely no change 1.69 <-> 1.73 in all the things you mentioned.
Would be nice if you checked the BOINC log, that would show what is going on.
A project no more work should show up in the log: work fetch suspended by user