News:

Follow BoincTasks on Twitter Facebook        Visit our website here.
BoincTasks cloud login is working again

Main Menu

New Lunix operator

Started by Gandalf, May 09, 2019, 03:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gandalf

Hi All,
I a return user of a Windows 7 computer and a Linuxmint computer usage of BoincTasks.I just reconnected my Linux computer and have some Boinc questions.
I know that I need to check the cc_config.xml file AND the remote_hosts.cfg file,but:
1. how do I find them in Linux?
2. are there other files I need to check the countenance of?  I'll answer any questions that will help you help me.
Thanks in advance,Gandalf
Linux Mint 14 DE: Cinnamon Operating System

Gandalf

Here's weird.  I've made it work for Linux, but Windows 7 is not working in the same configuration.Do I have to post this in a Windows section?

Help, please.Gandalf

Gandalf

Update:  the Linux version contains both the Lunix PC and the Windows PC tasks.
However, the Windows PC version contains only the Windows PC tasks.  The Linux PC tasks are not being brought over.

If the Windows machine doesn't see the Linux Machine:

fred

Update:  the Linux version contains both the Lunix PC and the Windows PC tasks.
However, the Windows PC version contains only the Windows PC tasks.  The Linux PC tasks are not being brought over.

If the Windows machine doesn't see the Linux Machine:

1) Is the IP fixed or dynamic? The last is often default.
If dynamic you can use the Mac address of the Linux machine. So you need the Mac address of the adapter that connects to your local LAN.
2) The Windows machine probably has a Virus Scanner of some sort of combined Scanner Firewall.
You need to add an exception for the Linux machine, set allow for the Linux IP address.
Best search for your firewall and connect the the local network, that should give you some result, because this is an ever returning problem.

For additional Info to to BoincTasks -> Show -> Log  Button Debug setup.
Check Connecting and Search Computer, restart BoincTasks and check the log.