How to flag a WU so it will not be interrupted & bumped into the waiting queue?

Started by archeye, October 12, 2019, 07:52:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archeye

My example for this is the WU's from climateprediction.net. Specifically sub project Weather at Home 2 (wah2)".

The deadline for these tasks is over 330 days. The runtime on my computer is shown at about 12 days and I have 2 of these WU's with 3 days each runtime left.

Both these tasks have been bumped into Waiting to Run. Without manually suspending other project work to free up 2 CPU cores is there a way to either set them into a state where they run and do not get bumped into the waiting queue.

I was thinking to be able to somehow flag them as "High Priority" but maybe you have other thoughts.

I did look at the rules setting but could not see anything there that seemed like it would do what I am asking.

fred

Quote from: archeye on October 12, 2019, 07:52:25 AM
I did look at the rules setting but could not see anything there that seemed like it would do what I am asking.
BOINC handles this automatically a task with such deadline that far away will probably be bumped to the end of the list.
Not much you can do, but hope BOINC works as it should.

archeye

Thanks for the reply Fred. I guessed as much but just wondered if I was missing something.

I will just manually manage some CPU load balancing to get these WUs running again.

HighTech67

While you can't set a task to "do not disturb", you can control how many tasks of each project run at a time by using max_concurrent and project_max_concurrent in app_config.xml files as explained on the page Client configuration.