Aborted Task Shows Processor Suspended Status

Started by Walt V, November 13, 2009, 10:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walt V

Fred,
I had to abort a task earlier today and I noticed that when the running task on the same machine was suspended due to CPU usage limits, the aborted task inidcated that in addition to being an aborted task, it also read as a suspended one.

In a normally running task in the status column I typically have either "Running" or "Running,suspended:cpu usage limit", depending on the actual state of processing.  In the aborted task it switched back an forth between "Aborted" and "Aborted,suspended:cpu usage limit".  I don't get this same switching when I have completed tasks that are waiting to be reported.

I don't think it is really a problem, more of an observation, as it doesn't effect the processing or monitoring of my workstations.

Walt

fred

Quote from: Walt V on November 13, 2009, 10:16:16 PM
Fred,
I had to abort a task earlier today and I noticed that when the running task on the same machine was suspended due to CPU usage limits, the aborted task inidcated that in addition to being an aborted task, it also read as a suspended one.

In a normally running task in the status column I typically have either "Running" or "Running,suspended:cpu usage limit", depending on the actual state of processing.  In the aborted task it switched back an forth between "Aborted" and "Aborted,suspended:cpu usage limit".  I don't get this same switching when I have completed tasks that are waiting to be reported.

I don't think it is really a problem, more of an observation, as it doesn't effect the processing or monitoring of my workstations.

Walt

I could remove the message suspended:cpu usage limit completely. BOINC Manager doesn't show it.
But even better you could use TThrottle.