BT 0.29

Started by Corsair, November 20, 2009, 12:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corsair

Hi all,

1 - still not saved the layout of screen in Tasks windows, when setup only two sorting columns after restart the program appears again the third column.
2 - Settings - Warning tab - not properly defined the GPU alert and not properly working:
    Efficiency GPU XX % warning when below (0 = disable)
    as is now is just showing the opposite, when is working is showing error and when there is error is working like it was working properly.
    e.g. I setup the alarm at 25%, WU is working properly at 98 - 99 % of GPU (showing error as is color setup)
           WU not working or showing 1.xx % it's error, but showing that is working properly as per setup is "above" 25% of GPU efficiency

in other way, really going very well.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

Corsair

about the CPU/GPU %, as far as I see looks like that is an average of the whole work done, so this could gives some erroneous reading, I mean:

if one WU has been "running" as per Boinc Manager for some hours but erroneously and the BM has not detected the error, when restarted such WU in BT is showing the average of the time used before plus the used from now, if the time is too long, the % of work CPU or GPU could show that is erroneous, this is the very normal case of GPU units that had been "working" erroneously for some time, and they give a very low GPU usage during the rest of the process after restarted.

I think that this % should be more or less the actual one, if possible, but not the average.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on November 20, 2009, 12:31:21 PM
Hi all,

1 - still not saved the layout of screen in Tasks windows, when setup only two sorting columns after restart the program appears again the third column.
2 - Settings - Warning tab - not properly defined the GPU alert and not properly working:
    Efficiency GPU XX % warning when below (0 = disable)
    as is now is just showing the opposite, when is working is showing error and when there is error is working like it was working properly.
    e.g. I setup the alarm at 25%, WU is working properly at 98 - 99 % of GPU (showing error as is color setup)
           WU not working or showing 1.xx % it's error, but showing that is working properly as per setup is "above" 25% of GPU efficiency

in other way, really going very well.
1) I can't reproduce it in any way. Tell me step for step what you do, so I can follow what you are doing.
2) I think we misunderstand each other.
The CPU % displays the percentage the CPU uses to work on a task.
A CPU task takes up a lot of CPU %, a GPU takes up a lot less CPU time. As we can't see what the GPU is doing the time shown is the CPU time the feeder needs to keep the GPU happy.
What we can see, is when the Task goes to fallback mode, meaning it doesn't use the GPU anymore because it isn't working properly.
So at that point the task runs on the CPU and instead of maybe 10% it runs 90% CPU.