News:

Follow BoincTasks on Twitter Facebook        Visit our website here.
BoincTasks cloud login is working again

Main Menu

CPU temps off by a few C?

Started by Pichu0102, June 12, 2020, 06:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pichu0102

Hello. I'm trying to use TThrottle on my main machine as well as a spare one, and it works fine on the spare, but the temperature in Tthrottle on my main PC doesn't match what HWinfo and HWmonitor show. They're off by around 2 to 6 degrees celsius, measuring lower than HWinfo and monitor. Log here:

12 June 2020 - 13:42:14 Driver installed properly. Driver Version: 2.5 W7
12 June 2020 - 13:42:14 Driver regulator: active
12 June 2020 - 13:42:14 Program version: 7.72,64Bit
Microsoft Windows 8  (build 9200), 64-bit
Language: User: 1033 (ENU), System: 1033 (ENU), Selected: 0 () Used: 1033 (ENU)

nvidia: found 1 logical devices
nvidia: found 1 physical devices
nvidia: Temperature 54 °C, max Temperature 127 °C

nvidia: GeForce GTX 960

Vendor ID: GenuineIntel
Vendor ID: INTEL
HighestIntegerValue: 0000000D - Processor Signature: 000306A9
Misc. info: 02100800
Feature Flags1 7FBAE3FF
Feature Flags2 BFEBFBFF

Processor:         Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz               
Processor: Family: 6h, Model: 3A, Stepping: 9

TJunction using: 100  °C

Core Temperature: 66 °C, Raw Data: 88220000
This Processor has 4 cores and  4 temperature sensors.

BOINC:
albert.phys.uwm.edu
asteroidsathome.net_boinc
boinc.bakerlab.org_rosetta
boinc.tacc.utexas.edu
casathome.ihep.ac.cn
einstein.phys.uwm.edu
lhcathome.cern.ch_lhcathome
milkyway.cs.rpi.edu_milkyway
mindmodeling.org
quchempedia.univ-angers.fr_athome
ralph.bakerlab.org
www.cosmologyathome.org
www.gpugrid.net
www.primegrid.com
www.rechenkraft.net_yoyo
www.rnaworld.de_rnaworld
www.worldcommunitygrid.org

12 June 2020 - 13:59:43 Number of matching Programs (Processes): 4
CPU: wcgrid_opn1_autodock_7.17_windows_x86_64, PID: 29464, Threads: 3
CPU: wcgrid_opn1_autodock_7.17_windows_x86_64, PID: 36308, Threads: 3
CPU: wcgrid_opn1_autodock_7.17_windows_x86_64, PID: 33532, Threads: 3
CPU: wcgrid_opn1_autodock_7.17_windows_x86_64, PID: 25628, Threads: 3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   4 0 0 0
12 June 2020 - 13:59:43 Connected with BOINC client
12 June 2020 - 13:59:43 Number of matching Programs (Processes): 4

I noticed a temperature offset box in options, but by how much the temp varies between HWinfo and Tthrottle isn't static and varies.

fred

That's possible, the core temperature (TThrottle) should be higher than the case temperature.
If you think the reading is incorrect, you can correct it in the expert tab and set Temperature offset.

Pichu0102

I tried setting the Tjunction manually in the box later to what Core Temp says Tj max is, and that makes all temperatures in line with hwinfo, hwmonitor, and core temp, but on the temperature page it causes a flashing warning message to appear, so I set it back to default Tjunction because I'm worried I messed something up here.

I'm not sure what to put in temperature offset since the different cores seem to have different temp differences from one another and putting in a value fixes only one value's accuracy.

fred

Quote from: Pichu0102 on June 13, 2020, 01:23:22 AM
I tried setting the Tjunction manually in the box later to what Core Temp says Tj max is, and that makes all temperatures in line with hwinfo, hwmonitor, and core temp, but on the temperature page it causes a flashing warning message to appear, so I set it back to default Tjunction because I'm worried I messed something up here.

I'm not sure what to put in temperature offset since the different cores seem to have different temp differences from one another and putting in a value fixes only one value's accuracy.

The cores have separate sensors, the temps are probably not the same, so that's just fine.

If you want to correct without the flashing warning that's harmless, just a reminder it's not the default setting.
Use the offset in the expert tab, that's doing essentially the same thing, moving the temp reading up or down.

Non of the settings can harm the processor in any way.

Pichu0102

Quote from: fred on June 13, 2020, 02:34:19 AM
Quote from: Pichu0102 on June 13, 2020, 01:23:22 AM

The cores have separate sensors, the temps are probably not the same, so that's just fine.

If you want to correct without the flashing warning that's harmless, just a reminder it's not the default setting.
Use the offset in the expert tab, that's doing essentially the same thing, moving the temp reading up or down.

Non of the settings can harm the processor in any way.
Oh, alright, I thought changing the Tjunction temp would cause program malfunction due to the flashing blue and red warning. It seems like setting Tjunction to 105 makes all cores accurate instead of just one with temp offset, so that's okay to set it up as, right?

fred

Setting the offset to 5 or -5 should do the trick, otherwise changing TJunction is OK.