News:

Follow BoincTasks on Twitter Facebook        Visit our website here.
BoincTasks cloud login is working again

Main Menu

Line scrolling

Started by Corsair, September 12, 2020, 09:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corsair

Hi Fred,

I reported this b4 but you couldn't reproduce, I´ll send you a PM with the video of the issue (it's about 6 MB).

it happens when you have a computer with long time running and a lot of messages from the BOINC client when you exchange from any windows that you were b4 to tab messages the first half of the messages started moving up and down something like one line, the lower half doesn't change.

if you just exchange to another computer messages the problem disappeared and also coming back to the original computer messages it doesn't happen again, everything done while in messages tab.

really quite strange.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on September 12, 2020, 09:46:19 AM
it happens when you have a computer with long time running and a lot of messages from the BOINC client when you exchange from any windows that you were b4 to tab messages the first half of the messages started moving up and down something like one line, the lower half doesn't change.
The BOINC client only stores up to 5000 lines anything higher is stored in BoincTasks, but I haven't tested much beyond 5000.
I should go fine if both computers run 24/7 but if the BoincTasks computer is shut down, it will have only a partial number of messages. And what happens it what you see.

My suggesting is limiting the number messages, like staying < 5000.

Corsair

Quote from: fred on September 12, 2020, 10:01:42 AM
My suggesting is limiting the number messages, like staying < 5000.

already was set to 5000 and was doing the scrolling dance I sent you.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.