Sort by Application isn't working well

Started by hucker, November 05, 2020, 04:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hucker

Until I joined Primegrid, sorting in Boinctasks by the Application column worked ok.  But when I joined Primegrid, it didn't seem to put the applications together.  I noticed it seems to be sorting only by the first handful of characters, so in World Community Grid, "7.18 Smash Childhood Cancer" comes before "7.27 Africa Rainfall Project", but in Primegrid, several applications starting with "9.00" are all lumped together.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1rmm59qszzardup/Sorting.jpg?dl=0

fred

Quote from: hucker on November 05, 2020, 04:49:17 PM
Until I joined Primegrid, sorting in Boinctasks by the Application column worked ok.  But when I joined Primegrid, it didn't seem to put the applications together.  I noticed it seems to be sorting only by the first handful of characters, so in World Community Grid, "7.18 Smash Childhood Cancer" comes before "7.27 Africa Rainfall Project", but in Primegrid, several applications starting with "9.00" are all lumped together.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1rmm59qszzardup/Sorting.jpg?dl=0
I see, I added this to my list for 1.83

fred

hucker

Working perfectly, thanks!

By the way, and not your problem really, AVG always detects Boinctasks setup, and the program itself as "suspicious" (presumably by the nature of what it does, communicating across the network) and is presumably what causes setup and then Boinctasks to produce an error message.  After AVG has scanned it thoroughly and found nothing, it seems to continue normally, and doesn't check again in the future.

fred

Quote from: hucker on November 11, 2020, 02:12:40 PM
Working perfectly, thanks!

By the way, and not your problem really, AVG always detects Boinctasks setup, and the program itself as "suspicious" (presumably by the nature of what it does, communicating across the network) and is presumably what causes setup and then Boinctasks to produce an error message.  After AVG has scanned it thoroughly and found nothing, it seems to continue normally, and doesn't check again in the future.
AVG probably sees this version for the first time and the communication is indeed not what a program normally does. Especially when you use a MAC address instead of an IP.

hucker

Oh well, since it only does it once per version it's no big deal.  And I suppose it's reassuring to know it's on the lookout for dodgy programs.