B.T. 1.80 TThrottle reporting wrong system temps

Started by JStateson, June 02, 2019, 02:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JStateson

Note sure if this is a real problem as I was easily able to fix it.  I do not know when it started, but I know only when I first noticed the problem (Jun 2)

I upgraded to BT 1.8 on May 28 and did not notice any problems but probably was not looking at temps.

This morning I look at BT and see a strange problem:  Temperatures for the CPU are way too low on a system that I know runs hot.  I reboot that system, same problem.  BT shows temps in low 30c which I know is wrong.  I go over to the system and bring up tthrottle to do a re-cal but I notice it shows temps in the mid 50c which is correct.  I got back to BT to see if I was looking at the wrong system but it is the correct one.  Exact tasks and details just the reported temperatures are not correct.  I Unchecked [X] from "computers" and then put it back in and the temperatures are correct. It was getting temps from somewhere else or was confused.

fred

Quote from: BeemerBiker on June 02, 2019, 02:57:40 PM
Note sure if this is a real problem as I was easily able to fix it.  I do not know when it started, but I know only when I first noticed the problem (Jun 2).
1.80 din't change that much.
BT uses the same IP to connect to the BOINC client and TThrottle.
You can access TThrottle in BoincTasks Show - > TThrottle.

The computer IP might change if it's dynamic, that might cause a problem if it happens very quickly and the connection isn't lost.