Testing app beta v1.5 23/11/2020

Started by Richard Haselgrove, November 23, 2020, 05:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Haselgrove

And installed, running.

Message from Beta 7:

I think those errors might be Einstein refusing an upload for a completed task - there have been a few complaints about that today. But a more 'user friendly' error message might be helpful.

Could we have a cheat-sheet for those State messages, please? I've got 00122 running, 01002 suspended by user. Also 1 for downloading, 4 for uploading, 5 for ready to report.

Beta 8:

Didn't mean to suspend it - that's because of the gesture I have to use for a screen shot.
I left the remote Manager open while I downloaded and installed Beta 8. They reconnect automatically now, and it did so with no trouble - that probably accounts for the refusal just before the client started.

In the remote Manager, I see
29/11/2020 15:34:38 |  | Starting BOINC client version 7.17.0 for arm-android-linux-gnu
29/11/2020 15:34:38 |  | This a development version of BOINC and may not function properly

That looks like 'master' branch from GitHub - might need to reconsider that. Especially because I also get
29/11/2020 15:34:38 |  | Unrecognized tag in cc_config.xml: <max_stderr_file_size>
29/11/2020 15:34:38 |  | Error in cc_config.xml options
29/11/2020 15:34:38 |  | Missing end tag in cc_config.xml

in red, and repeated as three successive notices in BOINC Manager. I set a couple of extra log flags using the GUI picker in the Manager, which writes a full current cc_config.xml file, and then triggers the client to read it back in. The formats should have been compatible! My current Manager comes from https://github.com/BOINC/boinc/pull/4041, which should be close enough (Sep 29). We may need to consult with Vitalii.

fred

Quote from: Richard Haselgrove on November 29, 2020, 04:17:11 PM

I think those errors might be Einstein refusing an upload for a completed task - there have been a few complaints about that today. But a more 'user friendly' error message might be helpful.

Could we have a cheat-sheet for those State messages, please? I've got 00122 running, 01002 suspended by user. Also 1 for downloading, 4 for uploading, 5 for ready to report.

I'm very close to a full Functioning BoincTasks for Android.
The output is just for an indication what's going on, for the rest it's running and forget about it.
The icon now shows if the Client is running correctly.

State

"$hpState$gState$aState$sState$state"

hpState HP
gState Suspended
aState activeTask
sState scheduler state
state result state

fred

Quote from: Richard Haselgrove on November 29, 2020, 04:17:11 PM
29/11/2020 15:34:38 |  | Starting BOINC client version 7.17.0 for arm-android-linux-gnu
29/11/2020 15:34:38 |  | This a development version of BOINC and may not function properly

For now i stuck with this version as it seem to work pretty well.
Not sure if I can get separate android build files.

Richard Haselgrove

I'm not sure exactly what is available, either. I'll run those cc_config messages past Vitalii - he's probably got the clearest picture right now.

Am I right in guessing that you used the current 'master' source code? I'll have a look in GitHub for myself, as well.

Richard Haselgrove

Looked into the "Unrecognized tag in cc_config.xml: <max_stderr_file_size>" error.

It was reported in https://github.com/BOINC/boinc/issues/3435 (27 January 2020) as something new in client v7.16.3

Turned out to be a mis-match between storing the value as a double, but parsing it on read as an integer. If you have parse_int at lines 422 and 423 of client/log_flags.cpp, please change them to parse_double.

Code segment starts https://github.com/BOINC/boinc/blob/master/client/log_flags.cpp#L419
Full changes in https://github.com/BOINC/boinc/pull/3445 (commit a79d60b)

I haven't back-tracked yet to find what caused the original trouble.

PS - there's no separate client code for Android - just a few '#ifdef ANDROID' and '#ifdef ANDROID_NEON' scattered through the standard sources.