Column in tasks tab for project weight

Started by hucker, November 27, 2020, 12:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hucker

I know this may be an odd thing to ask for, and maybe I'm the only one that wants it, but if you could add a tickbox to allow adding a column to show the project's weight, so I can sort by it, I'd be extremely happy :-)  I'm attached to 13 projects, some a lot higher weight than others, so it would be nice to see the important ones at the top of the list.

fred

Quote from: hucker on November 27, 2020, 12:50:52 PM
I know this may be an odd thing to ask for, and maybe I'm the only one that wants it, but if you could add a tickbox to allow adding a column to show the project's weight, so I can sort by it, I'd be extremely happy :-)  I'm attached to 13 projects, some a lot higher weight than others, so it would be nice to see the important ones at the top of the list.
Like the Share% in the Projects tab?

hucker

Quote from: fred on November 27, 2020, 06:23:34 PM
Quote from: hucker on November 27, 2020, 12:50:52 PM
Like the Share% in the Projects tab?
Yes, that's the one.  I wanted to put my high priority projects at the top of the task list.  They're currently in alphabetical order.

fred

Quote from: hucker on November 28, 2020, 05:14:57 PM
Yes, that's the one.  I wanted to put my high priority projects at the top of the task list.  They're currently in alphabetical order.
Add to the list.

fred

hucker

Quote from: fred on December 24, 2020, 01:36:21 PM
Added in V 1.84
It doesn't seem to work right.  It's behaving as though there's another sort above it, but I can't work out what.  I added the share% column, and only sorted by that (I removed the ^2 and ^3 with shift and ctrl).  If I sort by anything else like memory usage, it sorts correctly.  Sorry, rather large screenshot follows, I have a lot of computers and monitors :-)

fred

Let's see if I can find anything added to the todo list

fred

The problem, the numbers are much much higher than I expected anyone to use.
Fixed 1.85

hucker

Quote from: fred on January 05, 2021, 06:11:19 PM
Fixed 1.85
Oops sorry.  I do that to make rare projects like CPDN that hardly ever have work take over the machine when stuff is available.

fred

Quote from: hucker on January 05, 2021, 07:01:59 PM
Fixed 1.85
Oops sorry.  I do that to make rare projects like CPDN that hardly ever have work take over the machine when stuff is available.
Expect the unexpected, anyway it should work in 1.85, I tested 10,000,000

hucker

Quote from: fred on January 06, 2021, 03:37:06 PM
Quote from: hucker on January 05, 2021, 07:01:59 PM
Fixed 1.85
Expect the unexpected, anyway it should work in 1.85, I tested 10,000,000
Yes, working fine thanks. I don't suppose you could introduce the ability to do a 4th tier sorting?  AFAIK there's only 3 at the moment.