BoincTasks JS on Mac ?

Started by JeromeC, March 28, 2021, 06:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeromeC

Hello

sorry I had not seen your answer and have been busy with other things, i just saw you release 1.18 so I installed it : the boinc still are empty and none of the setting I have from BM appear.

Another small but annoying issue : when you set the column size with View / Adjust column width, then when you unselect the option (to be able to sort again by clicking on the column header) the size settings you just did are lost and a previous setting is coming back.

Thanks

fred

Quote from: JeromeC on May 29, 2021, 06:30:51 PM
Hello

sorry I had not seen your answer and have been busy with other things, i just saw you release 1.18 so I installed it : the boinc still are empty and none of the setting I have from BM appear.

Another small but annoying issue : when you set the column size with View / Adjust column width, then when you unselect the option (to be able to sort again by clicking on the column header) the size settings you just did are lost and a previous setting is coming back.

Thanks
It looks as if the app didn't get permission to read and write files.
Did you install in applications?
Go to Show -> Debug Log and copy what's in the log, I like to see the folder that's used.
Check Error log to see if there are any errors.

JeromeC

To install I drag&drop to my application folder.

Quote20:20:23 BoincTasks Js, V 1.18.
20:20:23 System running on platform: darwin ,architecture: x64.
20:20:23 Folder app: /Users/jerome.
20:20:23 Folder data: /Users/jerome/Library/Application Support.
20:20:23 Locale: fr , FR.
20:20:31 Read state: Local machine.
20:20:31 Read state: OVH.
20:35:20 Read state: Local machine.
20:37:59 Read state: Local machine.
20:38:34 Read state: OVH.
20:41:19 Read state: OVH.

I do find this "/Users/jerome/Library/Application Support" folder in my mac, I have read/write access in all files and sub-directories in that directory.

Error log only contains "BoincTasks Js, V 1.18" and that's all.

fred

That looks just fine.

Settings are stored in /Users/jerome/BoincTasks Js/settings

JeromeC

So what do you mean, "it should work" ?

I just tried again :

- set View / Adjust column width ON
- change column size until I like it
- change computer in the list : size is not lost
- set View / Adjust column width OFF (*) : size is lost immediately, the previous layout is applied back

(*) because I want to change the sort order

fred

Quote from: JeromeC on May 31, 2021, 04:51:42 PM
So what do you mean, "it should work" ?

I just tried again :

- set View / Adjust column width ON
- change column size until I like it
- change computer in the list : size is not lost
- set View / Adjust column width OFF (*) : size is lost immediately, the previous layout is applied back

(*) because I want to change the sort order
That looks just fine. As in noting crashes.

I need to rewrite the resizing, I will add it to my list. Not for the upcoming version, but probably soon.

JeromeC

Ah ok I get it :)

Thanks a lot et bon courage :)

fred

Quote from: JeromeC on May 31, 2021, 07:16:04 PM
Ah ok I get it :)

Thanks a lot et bon courage :)
I will do some more testing on the Mac to find out what's going on.

fred

JeromeC

That's weird, I thought I had answered "much better !" and then you had answered something like "thanks for letting know" and then both messages disappeared and the last message is yours 12/02/2021 saying "should be fixed with 1.20"...

Anyway it is fixed and working much better, I want to let you know that in the project tab the sort are working except the sort by status that is not sorting by status, it is a mysterious sort, I have no idea on what data it gets sorted... but not the status. (but sorting on other columns does work)

The boinc settings window is still displaying a windows with almost no value <> the values I have in my boinc settings (local).

Also I have attached to NFS project and the project name is blank in the project tab, and also in the task tab. Weird, the project with non name ! :)

fred

I had to restore the Server from a backup, that's the missing 2 days.

Will check the status sorting. A good thing that you gave the screen shot because I was thinking Tasks status. Should be easy to fix.
A blank project, interesting. Check Show->Error log.

Extra->Boinc Settings is still missing items? If so, can you give me a screen shot.

Added to the open issues: https://github.com/efmer/boinctasks-js/issues

fred

I just attached NFS to 3 computers and it shows the project name....
Will check what could cause a blank project name.

Try File -> Restart  Restarting might solve the problem.

JeromeC

Error log :

QuoteBoincTasks Js, V 1.2018:45:28 Error Logging [Main,rendererRequests, did-finish-load] Cannot read property 'dark' of null
TypeError: Cannot read property 'dark' of null
    at Object.<anonymous> (/Applications/Boinctasks Js.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:804:16)
    at Object.emit (events.js:327:22).
</anonymous>

Boinc settings :

I don't understand what is File / Restart... do you mean reset project ?

fred

OK Thanks for the info.
I can't reproduce the problems, but I can see the most likely reason.
Working on a fix for the next version 1.21.

fred