Pop-ups not working (Allow to run, Run CPU benchmarks, etc.)

Started by Azmodes, September 04, 2021, 02:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azmodes

I've been having this issue for quite a while now where the host lists for controlling the "Allow to run", "Allow to run GPU", "Run CPU benchmarks" and "Allow network communication" options don't open. I click on them, but nothing happens. It used to work, but I'm not sure with which version exactly it started. I was running the latest beta until recently, then tried reverting to 1.78, but the issue persists. I could try reverting further, but wanted to ask first if I'm missing anything obvious. I'm on Windows 10.

Thanks.

fred

Quote from: Azmodes on September 04, 2021, 02:05:03 PM
I've been having this issue for quite a while now where the host lists for controlling the "Allow to run", "Allow to run GPU", "Run CPU benchmarks" and "Allow network communication" options don't open. I click on them, but nothing happens. It used to work, but I'm not sure with which version exactly it started. I was running the latest beta until recently, then tried reverting to 1.78, but the issue persists. I could try reverting further, but wanted to ask first if I'm missing anything obvious. I'm on Windows 10.

Thanks.
Try running 1.85 that's what I'm using on Win 10.

Projects tab, right click on a project and select the one you need.

After you select a project.
Some are in the Toolbar - Menu View -> Check Toolbar operation.
Others are in the Extra menu

These are very basic Windows functions and I can't imagine it has anything to do with BoincTasks.
You can check in C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks if boinctasks64.exe has the right version.

Azmodes

Same problem with 1.85. The buttons in the toolbar don't work either.

fred

Weird, probably something on your computer.

You can exit BoincTasks.
Rename the folder C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks if you edited on on the files.
If not you can delete the whole folder C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks
And install 1.85, maybe that helps.

Azmodes

Nope.

I even tried backing up the entire AppData folder elsewhere, then deleting it, uninstalling and reinstalling BT, but the issue is the same.  :-\

fred

Quote from: Azmodes on September 05, 2021, 11:07:33 AM
Nope.

I even tried backing up the entire AppData folder elsewhere, then deleting it, uninstalling and reinstalling BT, but the issue is the same.  :-\
I have no idea, my guess there is something wrong with the Windows installation.
You can go back to an older version, that might help.
Or try BoincTasks Js.

Azmodes

Yeah, seems to be something on this particular computer. Thanks anyway, I might try older versions or -if need be- a clean Windows install.

fred

Quote from: Azmodes on September 07, 2021, 04:19:04 PM
Yeah, seems to be something on this particular computer. Thanks anyway, I might try older versions or -if need be- a clean Windows install.
It might be a missing or corrupted dll that BoincTasks relies on.
Open PowerShell as admin and run.
sfc /scannow

Azmodes

It said it found some corrupted files and repaired them, but the problem persists.

fred

Quote from: Azmodes on September 09, 2021, 05:03:36 PM
It said it found some corrupted files and repaired them, but the problem persists.
In itself not a good sign.
Restarting the system might help.

Azmodes

Didn't help. I'll likely do a Windows reinstall and try again.