Allow CTRL-A to select all downloads

Started by hucker, August 26, 2022, 09:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hucker

CTRL-A to select all doesn't seem to work in any tab.  In particular I often want to select all the downloads to retry.  I know there's a "retry all" but that doesn't seem to get the instruction to all the computers.

fred

There is a reason why downloads stall, often an overloaded server.
You know there is an automated way to do so.
C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks\examples
look for <refresh>

You must copy the resulting file -> C:\Program Files\eFMer\BoincTasks and restart BoincTasks.

hucker

I copied the file just leaving
<config>
   <refresh>
      <auto>   60   </auto>
   </refresh>
</config>
(And the notes)
And restarted Boinctasks, but after 60 seconds it hadn't triggered a download for the local or any of 5 remote computers with things waiting.

P.S. You should accept gridcoins for donations - it's what many of us earn for running Boinc projects.

fred

I haven't used it for some time, try:

<config>
   <refresh>
      <downloads>60</downloads>
      <uploads>3600</uploads>
   </refresh>
</config>

hucker

That doesn't seem to do anything either.  Is there a way I can see if Boinctasks accepts the config file, in the same way Boinc objects if I get an app name wrong in the config?

Or can you test it yourself?  Disconnect your internet while there's a download in progress, then see if it keeps trying.

fred

You should find it in BoincTasks logging, like 29
August 2022 - 13:37:15 config.xml ---- localhost auto download/upload refresh, max: 300 Seconds

hucker

I put in the config 60/3600 like you suggested, but the log is reporting 600/3600.  Is there a hard coded minimum?

fred

Quote from: hucker on August 29, 2022, 08:10:53 PM
I put in the config 60/3600 like you suggested, but the log is reporting 600/3600.  Is there a hard coded minimum?
It should have, because a shorter time could overload the servers on the other side.
Too often will load the server with a lot of extra request.