Scrolling line in messages BT 1.86

Started by Corsair, August 18, 2022, 02:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corsair

I'll send you a PM with video of the bug, I've seen it for several versions.

how to reproduce it:

• consider to watch the computer that most generate messages and leave the messages active on such computer
  • come back to e.g. tasks tab
  • leave running BT for 24 hours for example.
  • come back to messages tab, and you'll see the centre line that comes and goes until you change to another computer and you can come back to same computer that messages display will be steady.

😵‍💫
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

OK, let's see if I reproduce that without having to wait for 24 hours.

fred

What happens when you stay in the messages tab for a couple of minutes?
Looks like the messages page updates, but slower that usual.

Corsair

Quote from: fred on August 18, 2022, 03:10:14 PM
What happens when you stay in the messages tab for a couple of minutes?
Looks like the messages page updates, but slower that usual.
It updates I guess as usual, no problem after exchanging to another computer messages and coming back to same computer, it must be a big generating messages computer.

what I've seen in the computer where BT is residing that in tasks tab the updates of crunching units it's not as per update set time, sometimes I see, resumed units growing crunching time but still as waiting to run state and also finished units "transmitting" for "long" time when seen in transfers tab that have been already submitted.

Corsair.

fred

But what happens if you leave the Message tab as it is. Does it resolves the problem on it's own. My guess it added a lot of new messages and maybe removing some.
In BoincTasks Settings -> Messages what's in "Keep message lines"

fred

I just checked 100 messages are deleted at a time if there are too many,  this might take a while, even more than a minute.
I changed this to 1000 for the 1.88.

Corsair

Quote from: fred on August 18, 2022, 04:25:51 PM
But what happens if you leave the Message tab as it is. Does it resolves the problem on it's own. My guess it added a lot of new messages and maybe removing some.
let me run until tomorrow BT and I'll let you know how is the outcome, now I've just restarted BT and no scrolling problem.

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on August 18, 2022, 07:27:56 PM
let me run until tomorrow BT and I'll let you know how is the outcome, now I've just restarted BT and no scrolling problem.
I think the problem is solved in 1.88, it just takes some time to delete the excess messages lines.

Corsair

Quote from: fred on August 19, 2022, 06:51:30 AM
Quote from: Corsair on August 18, 2022, 07:27:56 PM
I think the problem is solved in 1.88, it just takes some time to delete the excess messages lines.
I've sent you one PM with the video this morning, but there has not been big generation of messages as one MT task is running buit will finish during the day and I'll check tomorrow morning again for scrolling.

only seen this time scrolling the first two rows and later stopped.

Corsair.

fred

Thanks, I'm confident that V 1.88 will solve the problem.

Corsair

After some hours running I did this morning another screen record.

it seems that after 10 to 15 seconds the scrolling stops without any interaction and messages tab became in normal scrolling.

Corsair.

fred