How log all WU if bonictasks pc is not always running?

Started by STrek77, January 02, 2023, 02:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STrek77

I have a desktop windows 11 pc (with Boinctasks running) and a server running linux with boinc on doncker.

Boinctasks can connect to server but because desktop win pc is not always on, I suppose I don't get all wu loged if a wu is done on server and desktop pc (read boinctasks) is not running atm.

Is there a way to make sure boinctasks on win pc get also done wu after it starts and a wu was done on server while win pc (+boinctasks) was down? must I also use Boinctasks on server? Can I use boinctaks js?

fred

Quote from: STrek77 on January 02, 2023, 02:00:40 PM
I have a desktop windows 11 pc (with Boinctasks running) and a server running linux with boinc on doncker.

Boinctasks can connect to server but because desktop win pc is not always on, I suppose I don't get all wu loged if a wu is done on server and desktop pc (read boinctasks) is not running atm.

Is there a way to make sure boinctasks on win pc get also done wu after it starts and a wu was done on server while win pc (+boinctasks) was down? must I also use Boinctasks on server? Can I use boinctaks js?
Best to run BoincTasks on the computer that's always on. If the Windows PC isn't always on, it will surely miss wu.
BoincTasks JS is probably the best choice for a non-Windows machine.