Missing queued tasks

Started by hucker, July 13, 2023, 12:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hucker

My Boinctasks has suddenly started not showing some of the queued tasks.  They're visible on the remote computer's Boinc Manager, but don't show in Boinctasks.  If I suspend a running task, causing it to start one, it appears instantly, it's just having trouble with the non-started ones.  I seem to be able to see half done non-running ones ok too.

fred

Strange, is it with specific project?
So I try to reproduce it.
Maybe wait for the system to restart, that sometimes fixes a lot of things.

hucker

It's doing it with Yafu and Primegrid, all of a sudden, on all 10 computers.  I restarted Boinc and Boinctasks, not sure if I rebooted Windows.  I'm trying to avoid it as it breaks Climate Prediction tasks (known bug at their end).

Not sure how you could reproduce it, is there perhaps a log I can look in, maybe at the point a task isn't there then appears when it starts running?

fred

It looks like the BOINC client doesn't send all the tasks to BoincTasks, maybe they changed someting.

hucker

If you can be more specific, I'll raise an issue on Github where the programmers live.  I use the term programmers loosely, I think there are two.

fred

Check the filter options in Extra:
Filter -> Remove all checks

Make sure Extra -> Show only active tasks isn't checked.

hucker

DOH!  My fault.  I must have clicked that by accident, show only active tasks was checked.

fred

Quote from: hucker on July 14, 2023, 10:36:58 AMDOH!  My fault.  I must have clicked that by accident, show only active tasks was checked.
Ok solved.... ;D