Page longer than a screen resets to top

Started by hucker, November 03, 2023, 04:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hucker

When in, for example, the list of projects, and it's longer than one screen, and I scroll down and make say a multiple selection, it often jumps back to the top for some reason.

fred

Quote from: hucker on November 03, 2023, 04:15:33 AMWhen in, for example, the list of projects, and it's longer than one screen, and I scroll down and make say a multiple selection, it often jumps back to the top for some reason.
That might happen when you already have as selection at the top of the page.

hucker

It shouldn't be doing this.

Anyway I just made it do it now.  I scrolled down and successfully selected 5 projects using shift-click.  I then pressed CTRL and unselected one.  The page jumped up for no reason.  Clearly at that point there was nothing selected anywhere but the 5 in front of me.

It's quite random and only happens every so often.

fred

hucker

fred

I tried to reproduce the problem, but failed.
The only thing that could do this would be sorting.

hucker

I didn't tell it to resort, unless it sorts on each screen update?  I do have it updating every 2 seconds.

fred

The sorting happens on every refresh, in your case every 2 seconds.
Is it a specific project or on any project.

To be sure you are using BoincTasks 1.93 Windows.

hucker

I only see it when I have a list larger than the screen, so all projects and all computers.

Yes I'm on 1.93 for Windows.

fred

Quote from: hucker on January 13, 2024, 10:22:51 PMI only see it when I have a list larger than the screen, so all projects and all computers.

Yes I'm on 1.93 for Windows.
Strange, I made my window smaller and tried to reproduce it, but could not.
Do you have a screen shot, sometimes that helps.

hucker

I just tried it with the screen set to one monitor size.  On the projects tab, with all computers displayed, I scrolled down to Rosetta, and tried to highlight all the computers on Rosetta, using a click, then a shift and click.  The page moved back up to the top (it's in alphabetical order of project name).  I retried this and it only does it sometimes.