Slovak

Started by Pepo, January 14, 2010, 08:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred

Quote from: Pepo on December 10, 2010, 04:13:17 PM
On "Add a project on computer: CompName" dialog, the field for <UserName> is too narrow, I can see just "Login name /" translation, the "email" is missing.
I believe both login/email edit field and <Password> field could be shifted a bit right towards the password edit field?
I made some more room in V 0.95

Pepo

Quote from: fred on December 17, 2010, 03:56:05 PM
Quote from: Pepo on December 10, 2010, 04:13:17 PM
On "Add a project on computer: CompName" dialog, the field for <UserName> is too narrow, I can see just "Login name /" translation, the "email" is missing.
I believe both login/email edit field and <Password> field could be shifted a bit right towards the password edit field?
I made some more room in V 0.95
I would also need a bit more room for <POtherMultiprocessors> (at least some +7-8 characters) - <GeneralMinutes> + <POtherPercCpu> + <POtherPercProcessor> with their input fields can still be shifted a bit to the right.
Peter

Pepo

Quote from: Pepo on December 09, 2010, 06:31:08 PM
Quote from: Pepo on December 09, 2010, 06:21:08 PM
Whatever I do, I'm not able to get "No work available for the applications you have selected. Please check your project preferences on the web site." translated. Still getting just the "^No work available for the applications you have selected. Please check your project preferences on the web site.^".
I think I've got it. When copied from Messages tab, there appear to be two space chars between the two sentences, it probably just appears as one in the html rendering:

22953   PrimeGrid   09.12.10  15:44   Správa od PrimeGrid: Správa od PrimeGrid: ^No work available for the applications you have selected.>>  <<Please check your project preferences on the web site.^   
Well, now the text gets correctly recognized and translated.

Fred, you should add the second space to other .btlang files too - I've checked that each one contains just one space. (Or is the double space just a PrimeGrid server bug?)
Fred, I'd like to remind you on the fact, that there are two space characters between the two sentences! I've just noted that you have added my translation source lines to all other language files. Note that the translation <1> contains mentioned two spaces, whereas the additional similar line <5> contains just one space (if some project would like to correct it for their server). (Maybe these lines had to be put beside, my bad, but I wanted to keep existing translation order.)

A few more notes (initially I've multiple times added an "And one more note..." line): I think that

• <Minutes> and <Days> in <GroupDialogSettings> group should be all lowercase ("minutes", "seconds"),
  • <ButtonComputer> in <GroupDialogGraphicColors> should not contain "Computer", but rather "Project" (usually there are much more projects than computers to be graphed), or neutrally just "Color",
  • <MessageHigh> and <MessageHighest> in <GroupDialogGraphicColors> should have contained a trailing " priority" word,
  • Sometimes "CPU" and "GPU" (25 times) are written as "Cpu" or "Gpu" (16 times), let's unify this?
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on December 17, 2010, 04:17:38 PM
I would also need a bit more room for <POtherMultiprocessors> (at least some +7-8 characters) - <GeneralMinutes> + <POtherPercCpu> + <POtherPercProcessor> with their input fields can still be shifted a bit to the right.
Alignment must be kept.
Simplify, like use at most, is way shorter.
The BOINC Manager uses shorter words. ::)

fred

Quote from: Pepo on December 17, 2010, 04:18:55 PM
Fred, I'd like to remind you on the fact, that there are two space characters between the two sentences! I've just noted that you have added my translation source lines to all other language files. Note that the translation <1> contains mentioned two spaces, whereas the additional similar line <5> contains just one space (if some project would like to correct it for their server). (Maybe these lines had to be put beside, my bad, but I wanted to keep existing translation order.)

A few more notes (initially I've multiple times added an "And one more note..." line): I think that

• <Minutes> and <Days> in <GroupDialogSettings> group should be all lowercase ("minutes", "seconds"),
  • <ButtonComputer> in <GroupDialogGraphicColors> should not contain "Computer", but rather "Project" (usually there are much more projects than computers to be graphed), or neutrally just "Color",
  • <MessageHigh> and <MessageHighest> in <GroupDialogGraphicColors> should have contained a trailing " priority" word,
  • Sometimes "CPU" and "GPU" (25 times) are written as "Cpu" or "Gpu" (16 times), let's unify this?
This is in the BOINC translation database https://boinc.berkeley.edu/translate/: No work available for the applications you have selected. Please check your project preferences on the web site.
The Seti server does the same thing, 2 spaces as well. I send an email to David to clarify things.

Corrected the Minutes and Days.

<GroupDialogGraphicColors>
   Change:
   <ButtonComputer>   Computer      </>
   Into:
   <ButtonColor>      Color         </>
</GroupDialogGraphicColors>

The messages get too long when you add priority, but the meaning should be clear.
CPU and GPU  it is.

fred

About the 2 spaces:

A reply from David: The .po file was out of date; I updated it.
And I guess he means the server side. Keep a close watch.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on December 18, 2010, 06:32:24 PM
About the 2 spaces:

A reply from David: The .po file was out of date; I updated it.
And I guess he means the server side. Keep a close watch.
OK, so from now on we will indeed need both strings: both for projects with older server version and for those with a recent one :D
Peter

Pepo

Quote from: fred on December 18, 2010, 11:20:31 AM
Quote from: Pepo on December 17, 2010, 04:18:55 PM

Corrected the Minutes and Days.
I should have written lowercase ("minutes", "days"), but the <Days> was correct, you've got it.

One more related string left unnoticed in this tag - <ViewSeconds> is a capitalized "Seconds", moreover this string overlaps with the corresponding edit-field by the whole 'S' character!!

Quote<GroupDialogGraphicColors>
   Change:   <ButtonComputer>   Computer      </>
   Into:     <ButtonColor>      Color         </>
</GroupDialogGraphicColors>
OK, I've temporarily created something like "<ButtonComputer>   Color   </>", so that is still works in 0.94.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on December 20, 2010, 03:29:49 PM
One more related string left unnoticed in this tag - <ViewSeconds> is a capitalized "Seconds", moreover this string overlaps with the corresponding edit-field by the whole 'S' character!!
A hidden text. ;D

Pepo

Quote from: fred on December 20, 2010, 03:51:09 PM
Quote from: Pepo on December 20, 2010, 03:29:49 PM
A hidden text. ;D
On my system, the right part of the edit-field is hidden, the "seconds" are visible over it. I'd have to type in at least "10000000000" seconds for them to overlap... hop, you are right, as soon as I try to type the seconds in, the edit-field gets raised. But after switch to other tab and back, again the number is underneath (hidden).
Fun.

Could you please split the <GeneralDays> into something like <BufferSizeOfDays> and <Transfer EveryDays>? The buffered value is some fractional decimal part of day (e.g. 0.7 or 2.3) which is in Slovak and Czech mostly pronounced differently to full number of days (1, 3, 8). (Not to speak about that there is no simple equivalent to the English "day(s)" or equivalent German "Tag(e(n))" - which already looks weird ;))
(The fractional <NetGeneralDaysMax> might also concatenate <BufferSizeOfDays>+"(maximum 10)", but it does not matter.)
Peter

Pepo

Quote from: Pepo on December 16, 2010, 09:32:33 PM
Maybe just my old XP system is "broken". I get the same wrong characters, when I copy e.g. contents uf the "Update BT" dialog or Task properties and paste it elsewhere...

Or it does not like BT  :-\
Well, I'm reviving this issue :(. On my recent Win7 system, where the whole application seems to display all translated texts correctly everywhere, the copied strings (over Clipboard) show exactly the same incorrect characters. Regardless of into which application it is pasted, apparently already the Clipboard contains wrong characters. Thus I think it is not just a problem of "the old XP system".
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on December 20, 2010, 06:08:29 PM
Well, I'm reviving this issue :(. On my recent Win7 system, where the whole application seems to display all translated texts correctly everywhere, the copied strings (over Clipboard) show exactly the same incorrect characters. Regardless of into which application it is pasted, apparently already the Clipboard contains wrong characters. Thus I think it is not just a problem of "the old XP system".
Ok back to the beginning. What Slovak text, is not properly copies from the clipboard, just one translated word will do. That way I can test it here.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on December 21, 2010, 07:54:10 AM
Quote from: Pepo on December 20, 2010, 06:08:29 PM
Well, I'm reviving this issue :(. On my recent Win7 system, where the whole application seems to display all translated texts correctly everywhere, the copied strings (over Clipboard) show exactly the same incorrect characters.
Ok back to the beginning. What Slovak text, is not properly copies from the clipboard, just one translated word will do. That way I can test it here.
:) I wanter to proceed systematically, so I've created two strings, containing uppercase and lowercase characters from our alphabet - the characters which may come around: "aáäbcčdďeéěfghiíjklľĺmnňoóôpqrŕřsštťuúůvwxyýzž" and "AÁÄBCČDĎEÉĚFGHIÍJKLĽĹMNŇOÓÔPQRŔŘSŠTŤUÚŮVWXYÝZŽ". Then I've inserted them into four tags:

<GroupViewTasks> / <StatusRunning> Beží "AÁÄBCČDĎEÉĚFGHIÍJKLĽĹMNŇOÓÔPQRŔŘSŠTŤUÚŮVWXYÝZŽ" </>
<GroupDialogTaskProperties> / <Name> Meno "aáäbcčdďeéěfghiíjklľĺmnňoóôpqrŕřsštťuúůvwxyýzž" </>
<TranslatableBoincText> / <0> Message from^Správa "AÁÄBCČDĎEÉĚFGHIÍJKLĽĹMNŇOÓÔPQRŔŘSŠTŤUÚŮVWXYÝZŽ" od </>
<TranslatableBoincText> / <2> Can't resolve hostname in remote_hosts.cfg^Nemožno rozpoznať adresu hostiteľa "aáäbcčdďeéěfghiíjklľĺmnňoóôpqrŕřsštťuúůvwxyýzž" v remote_hosts.cfg </>

Unfortunately these changes got BT 0.94 to knees - it kept restarting and restarting pretty fast, no limit to 10, until I've renamed the language file. Test yourself... Two (just?) crash dumps were created, I've uploaded them (and the language file) to your server.

I wanted to make one more attempt with the file, to see how many instances will fire up, so I've started BT once more. After seeing at least 18 tray icons (again just 2 crash dumps), I've again renamed the bad .btlang file. BTW, <GroupViewTasks> / <StatusRunning> was the culprit, shortening the additional string to "AÁÄBCČDĎEÉĚF" was enough to let BT run.

Back to the main idea: again BT displayed everything correctly, but

• copying Task properties returned (among other bad strings in the left column) 'Meno "aáäbcèdïeéìfghiíjkl¾åmnòoóôpqràøsštuúùvwxyýzž", Stav Beží "AÁÄBCÈDÏEÉÌF"',
  • copying "no work/tasks available" greetings from Messages returned strings like '31448   Pirates@Home   21.12.10  12:09   Správa "AÁÄBCÈDÏEÉÌFGHIÍJKL¼ÅMNÒOÓÔPQRÀØSŠTUÚÙVWXYÝZŽ" od Pirates@Home: Project has no tasks available'.

Just copying 'Nemožno rozpoznať adresu hostiteľa "aáäbcčdďeéěfghiíjklľĺmnňoóôpqrŕřsštťuúůvwxyýzž" v remote_hosts.cfg:' from Notices returned correct characters, as expected. But I know this is IE in my case.
Peter

fred

In V 0.95 the locale as set in BoincTasks is used in the clipboard. Now the clipboard knows the right locale and it looks better. ;D

Pepo

Quote from: fred on December 22, 2010, 12:45:16 PM
In V 0.95 the locale as set in BoincTasks is used in the clipboard. Now the clipboard knows the right locale and it looks better. ;D
This sounds good ::)
I'm looking forward!
Peter