Slovak

Started by Pepo, January 14, 2010, 08:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred

Quote from: Pepo on December 07, 2010, 11:44:48 AM
That would for sure solve a lot...
Moving the BOINC processing to UNICODE is a huge undertaking, I'm moving one step at a time.
I will add a tag to the notices.html template.
The Windows code page number is off course not directly related to the charset on the html page.  ???
And ... as I'm using using Microsoft development tools, it uses IE to display the page. IE is part of Windows, sort off. I will try to get rid of the context menu.

Pepo

Whatever I do, I'm not able to get "No work available for the applications you have selected. Please check your project preferences on the web site." translated. Still getting just the "^No work available for the applications you have selected. Please check your project preferences on the web site.^" - with the official 0.93 SKY .btlang file.

"Message from", "Can't resolve hostname in remote_hosts.cfg" and "Unrecognized tag in cc_config.xml" strings get recognized and translated correctly.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on December 09, 2010, 06:21:08 PM
Whatever I do, I'm not able to get "No work available for the applications you have selected. Please check your project preferences on the web site." translated. Still getting just the "^No work available for the applications you have selected. Please check your project preferences on the web site.^" - with the official 0.93 SKY .btlang file.
"Message from", "Can't resolve hostname in remote_hosts.cfg" and "Unrecognized tag in cc_config.xml" strings get recognized and translated correctly.
In Settings -> View "Translate BOINC text when possible" is checked?

Pepo

I think I've got it. When copied from Messages tab, there appear to be two space chars between the two sentences, it probably just appears as one in the html rendering.
22951 PrimeGrid 09.12.10  15:44 Správa od PrimeGrid: No work sent
22952 PrimeGrid 09.12.10  15:44 Správa od PrimeGrid: No work is available for Proth Prime Search (Sieve)
22953 PrimeGrid 09.12.10  15:44 Správa od PrimeGrid: Správa od PrimeGrid: ^No work available for the applications you have selected.>>  <<Please check your project preferences on the web site.^

Note the duplicated "Message from PrimeGrid: Message from PrimeGrid: " in message 22953 :D

Well, now the text gets correctly recognized and translated.

Fred, you should add the second space to other .btlang files too - I've checked that each one contains just one space. (Or is the double space just a PrimeGrid server bug?)
Peter

Pepo

Quote from: fred on December 09, 2010, 06:24:04 PM
In Settings -> View "Translate BOINC text when possible" is checked?

;)
Yes it is checked.
Peter

Pepo

Quote from: Pepo on December 09, 2010, 06:31:08 PM
(Or is the double space just a PrimeGrid server bug?)
I've seen two such spaces also in a Messages' message from CPDN. But this one does not get translated in Messages tab. The one from PrimeGrid is translated in both Messages and Notices. Does it mean that the CPDN text is "not marked for translation" and recognized as translatable?
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on December 09, 2010, 06:43:07 PM
Quote from: Pepo on December 09, 2010, 06:31:08 PM
(Or is the double space just a PrimeGrid server bug?)
I've seen two such spaces also in a Messages' message from CPDN. But this one does not get translated in Messages tab. The one from PrimeGrid is translated in both Messages and Notices. Does it mean that the CPDN text is "not marked for translation" and recognized as translatable?
Probably, maybe it's only supported by the latest server updates.
Only text that shows up ^text^ is translatable. But that's hard to see when you have a translation in place. ::)
I think it is a work in progress and only supported by the Alpha BOINC version.

Pepo

Quote from: Pepo on December 07, 2010, 11:44:48 AM
Quote from: Pepo on November 29, 2010, 11:19:49 PM
[...] the Messages tab's initial <StatusSelectOne> string is displayed with wrong encoding. Also the translated strings in Notices tab are displayed with wrong encoding.
BTW, I'm possibly mixing reports from two different computers :) each displaying something correctly and something other not ;D First I've to be sure I'm not confused, then report...
Everything seems to work correctly on a Slovak Win7 system, with language selector set to either Slovak or System.

On another computer with Czech WinXP SP3 system, 98% of texts (all menus, dialogs, notices, graphs, etc.) is translated correctly. However I've noticed 2-3 quirks:

• In the Transfers tab, there is "Opakova za:" instead of "Opakovať za:" for the <StatusRetry>,
  • In the Messages tab, there is "Nemožno rozpozna adresu hostite¾a v remote_hosts.cfg: machinename" - again one character is the same, there should have been "...rozpoznať adresu hostiteľa..." (a replacement text from <TranslatableBoincText>, however the translations seems to be displayed correctly in Notices),
  • I believe I've seen one more place? Yes, sure, the Messages tab's initial <StatusSelectOne> string is displayed with wrong encoding. Very briefly -I can not even take a snapshot.

Slovak and Czech languages share the same windows-1250 code page. What about the <Page>   238   </> - where do the numbers come from?
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on December 09, 2010, 10:10:17 PM
What about the <Page>   238   </> - where do the numbers come from?
#define ANSI_CHARSET            0
#define DEFAULT_CHARSET         1
#define SYMBOL_CHARSET          2
#define SHIFTJIS_CHARSET        128
#define HANGEUL_CHARSET         129
#define HANGUL_CHARSET          129
#define GB2312_CHARSET          134
#define CHINESEBIG5_CHARSET     136
#define OEM_CHARSET             255
#if(WINVER >= 0x0400)
#define JOHAB_CHARSET           130
#define HEBREW_CHARSET          177
#define ARABIC_CHARSET          178
#define GREEK_CHARSET           161
#define TURKISH_CHARSET         162
#define VIETNAMESE_CHARSET      163
#define THAI_CHARSET            222
#define EASTEUROPE_CHARSET      238
#define RUSSIAN_CHARSET         204

#define MAC_CHARSET             77
#define BALTIC_CHARSET          186

Pepo

Quote from: fred on December 10, 2010, 08:30:26 AM
What about the <Page>   238   </> - where do the numbers come from?
#define ANSI_CHARSET            0
#define DEFAULT_CHARSET         1
#define OEM_CHARSET             255
#if(WINVER >= 0x0400)
#define JOHAB_CHARSET           130
#define EASTEUROPE_CHARSET      238
#define RUSSIAN_CHARSET         204
Found it: WinGDI.h
And even WINVER >= 0x0400 is for Win NT 4.0 - way under WinXP SP3.
So I'm out of ideas, why.
How do you set WINVER and _WIN32_WINNT? (Not that I'm absolutely familiar with the macros.)
Peter

fred

Slovak and Czech languages share the same windows-1250 code page. What about the <Page>   238   </> - where do the numbers come from?
But did you edit the text in the correct language code page? And with a plain text editor.
Are the language setting correct for the Czech  machine, user and system.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on December 10, 2010, 03:11:13 PM
But did you edit the text in the correct language code page? And with a plain text editor.
Are the language setting correct for the Czech  machine, user and system.
It is the same file, which is installed with BT 0.93, and it works correctly on a Slovak Win7 system - same alphabet, same language codepage. It works nearly correctly (all menus and dialogs are OK) on the Czech machine...
Peter

Pepo

On "Add a project on computer: CompName" dialog, the field for <UserName> is too narrow, I can see just "Login name /" translation, the "email" is missing.
I believe both login/email edit field and <Password> field could be shifted a bit right towards the password edit field?
Peter

Pepo

Everything seems to work correctly on a Slovak Win7 system, with language selector set to either Slovak or System.

On another computer with Czech WinXP SP3 system, 98% of texts (all menus, dialogs, notices, graphs, etc.) is translated correctly. However I've noticed 2-3 quirks:

• In the Transfers tab, there is "Opakova za:" instead of "Opakovať za:" for the <StatusRetry>,
  • In the Messages tab, there is "Nemožno rozpozna adresu hostite¾a v remote_hosts.cfg: machinename" - again one character is the same, there should have been "...rozpoznať adresu hostiteľa..." (a replacement text from <TranslatableBoincText>, however the translations seems to be displayed correctly in Notices),
  • I believe I've seen one more place? Yes, sure, the Messages tab's initial <StatusSelectOne> string is displayed with wrong encoding. Very briefly -I can not even take a snapshot.
One more place observed:

• In the Tasks tab, there is "Èaká na spustenie, upozornenie na termín" instead of "Čaká na spustenie, upozornenie na termín" for the <StatusWaitingTR>+<WarningDeadline>,
Apparently the wrong texts are not bound to some tabs, they seem to appear on any tab's contents.

To make it more interesting: :D
If I make the column narrow enough to display a tooltip over the text, such text is displayed correctly, again no matter what the tab is.
So, it happens just in the base tabs' columns. Not in dialogs or menus, not in tooltips, not in Abort task dialog. (Also not in statistics' graphs and Notices, but I believe these are again rendered differently.)

Are the base views' columns rendered somehow differently, so that they appear to display different characters on this particular system?
Peter

Pepo

Maybe just my old XP system is "broken". I get the same wrong characters, when I copy e.g. contents uf the "Update BT" dialog or Task properties and paste it elsewhere...

Or it does not like BT  :-\
Peter