Slovak

Started by Pepo, January 14, 2010, 08:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

Quote from: Pepo on December 22, 2010, 01:09:41 PM
Quote from: fred on December 22, 2010, 12:45:16 PM
In V 0.95 the locale as set in BoincTasks is used in the clipboard. Now the clipboard knows the right locale and it looks better. ;D
This sounds good ::)
I'm looking forward!
I've forgot to respond. In BT 0.96 (I've not installed the 0.97 yet, but I guess there are no changes regarding the locales), the clipboard already contains correct characters, on both systems. So the new Win7 system is now apparently completely correct (as far as I'm not aware of any additional issue).

The old WinXP system displays correct menus and dialogs, clipboard also does contain correct characters, 'just' the usual lines with Messages, Tasks, Projects etc. still do not display some characters correctly. Does this area also require some sort of locale for displayed texts?

When I'll get around some other WinXP system (a different system language), I'll try BT there.
Peter

Pepo

Fred, in 3 .btlang files (NLD, ESP, SKY) there are few trailing '`' chars (look for ">`").

What is the difference (in the <TranslatableBoincText> group) between "<15>   0   </>" and "<16>   ??   </>"? Can we replace all zeros with question marks? (I remember that the appearance of one or two question marks were for marking untranslated translatable text.)

The "<NetTransferAtMostDays> and "<NetGeneralConnectEveryDays>" lines seem to be misplaced in each .btlang file except the ENU. No big deal, just cosmetic.
Peter

Pepo

Quote from: Pepo on December 20, 2010, 05:07:25 PM
Could you please split the <GeneralDays> into something like <BufferSizeOfDays> and <Transfer EveryDays>? The buffered value is some fractional decimal part of day (e.g. 0.7 or 2.3) which is in Slovak and Czech mostly pronounced differently to full number of days (1, 3, 8). (Not to speak about that there is no simple equivalent to the English "day(s)" or equivalent German "Tag(e(n))" - which already looks weird ;))
Thanks.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on January 14, 2011, 04:29:04 PM
Fred, in 3 .btlang files (NLD, ESP, SKY) there are few trailing '`' chars (look for ">`").

What is the difference (in the <TranslatableBoincText> group) between "<15>   0   </>" and "<16>   ??   </>"? Can we replace all zeros with question marks? (I remember that the appearance of one or two question marks were for marking untranslated translatable text.)

The "<NetTransferAtMostDays> and "<NetGeneralConnectEveryDays>" lines seem to be misplaced in each .btlang file except the ENU. No big deal, just cosmetic.
The extra characters shouldn't be there but they are ignored.
Only 0 - 9 are implemented the rest is ignored.
The first empty line needs ?? when you want to see if there is any translatable text. Otherwise you see nothing.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on January 14, 2011, 10:42:50 PM
Quote from: Pepo on January 14, 2011, 04:29:04 PM
Only 0 - 9 are implemented the rest is ignored.
The first empty line needs ?? when you want to see if there is any translatable text. Otherwise you see nothing.
I wish I knew this subtle detail... or would not forget it if I knew this before... New .btlang file upload follows.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on January 15, 2011, 12:38:48 AM
I wish I knew this subtle detail... or would not forget it if I knew this before... New .btlang file upload follows.
This is all I know. http://www.efmer.eu/forum_tt/index.php?topic=596.0

Pepo

In BoincTasks_ENU-0.99.btlang, <TranslatableBoincText>, translation line <7> is a duplicate of <2>.
Additional translatable text: "is not available for^"

On BOINC translatable text, line <9> is terminated with a looooot of spaces, which cause the line to unnecessarily wrap "proxy configuration.^" into two parts when browser window gets a bit narrower.

Translation (for Slovak BT 0.99) uploaded.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on February 07, 2011, 08:39:57 PM
1)
In BoincTasks_ENU-0.99.btlang, <TranslatableBoincText>, translation line <7> is a duplicate of <2>.
Additional translatable text: "is not available for^"

2)
On BOINC translatable text, line <9> is terminated with a looooot of spaces, which cause the line to unnecessarily wrap "proxy configuration.^" into two parts when browser window gets a bit narrower.

Translation uploaded.
1) Corrected.
2) English doesn't translate any text. So the whole translatable part isn't used.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on February 08, 2011, 12:45:03 AM
Quote from: Pepo on February 07, 2011, 08:39:57 PM
2)
2) English doesn't translate any text. So the whole translatable part isn't used.
Sure, just the topic in the thread gets unnicely formatted on a narrow browser window ;)

(I'm not talking about the English .btlang file, but this forum's page. And the page is just a locked how-to, which gets occasionally updated just by you upon coding some new functionality.)
Peter

Pepo

A quick notify prior to releasing 1.00β: apparently the next (6.12.17?) client will be able to send a few more translatable strings (RPC reasons). Fred, maybe you could already append a few more translation lines into .btlang files? The localized users would get them available by at least one BT version round sooner.

I suppose it will be the following set:
<10> Requested by user^ </>
<11> To fetch work^ </>
<12> To report completed tasks^ </>
<13> To send trickle-up message^ </>
<14> Requested by account manager^ </>
<15> Project initialization^ </>
<16> Requested by project^ </>
<17> Unknown reason^ </>

The same including SKY translation:
<10> Requested by user^Na žiadosť užívateľa </>
<11> To fetch work^Pre získanie práce </>
<12> To report completed tasks^Kvôli hláseniu ukončených úloh </>
<13> To send trickle-up message^Kvôli poslaniu drobnej správy </>
<14> Requested by account manager^Vyžiadané správcom účtov </>
<15> Project initialization^Inicializácia projektu </>
<16> Requested by project^Na žiadosť projektu </>
<17> Unknown reason^ Neznámy dôvod </>
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on March 07, 2011, 04:22:00 PM
A quick notify prior to releasing 1.00β: apparently the next (6.12.17?) client will be able to send a few more translatable strings (RPC reasons). Fred, maybe you could already append a few more translation lines into .btlang files? The localized users would get them available by at least one BT version round sooner.
Translatable text should be a server side thing.
And it's already 20 long now.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on March 09, 2011, 02:33:51 AM
Should already the server send a translated text?
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on March 09, 2011, 09:57:44 AM
Quote from: fred on March 09, 2011, 02:33:51 AM
Should already the server send a translated text?
When they updated to the latest version.

fred

Can you give me an updated language file.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on March 09, 2011, 10:51:19 PM
A quick notify prior to releasing 1.00β: apparently the next (6.12.17?) client will be able to send a few more translatable strings (RPC reasons).
Because of the work fetch problems with 6.12.17 (and hacked-back work fetch in 6.12.18) I was expecting 6.12.19 to come as soon as 6.12.18 :P so I could not yet see the translatable strings.

QuoteFred, maybe you could already append a few more translation lines into .btlang files? The localized users would get them available by at least one BT version round sooner.
Can you give me an updated language file.
I've uploaded the modified translation file (for Slovak BT 0.99) (it replaced the previous one).
Peter