Slovak

Started by Pepo, January 14, 2010, 08:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepo

The Slovak BT 1.09 language file is in the upload area.

The Rules editor dialog contains "Event" area - there are 4 intermixed rows (Suspend/Resume task/project + Run program), 3 of them behave as radio buttons (like "where to display the event" below it), the "Run program" between them is independent and "feels like a stranger" there.

I'd recommend modifying "Run program" row into a "[ x ] Run program:" checkbox and moving it just above the file name area (which otherwise has no description, such change would also visually explain its use).

<MsgNoProgram> string gets displayed either as-is, when the file name is (empty), or with trailing dot (when followed with entered, but incorrect file name). I'd recommend replacing the dot with a colon, in both cases.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on June 24, 2011, 05:35:03 PM
The Rules editor dialog contains "Event" area - there are 4 intermixed rows (Suspend/Resume task/project + Run program), 3 of them behave as radio buttons (like "where to display the event" below it), the "Run program" between them is independent and "feels like a stranger" there.

I'd recommend modifying "Run program" row into a "[ x ] Run program:" checkbox and moving it just above the file name area (which otherwise has no description, such change would also visually explain its use).

<MsgNoProgram> string gets displayed either as-is, when the file name is (empty), or with trailing dot (when followed with entered, but incorrect file name). I'd recommend replacing the dot with a colon, in both cases.
They are all events, this way is easier to implement and to add additional events.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on June 25, 2011, 09:48:50 AM
Quote from: Pepo on June 24, 2011, 05:35:03 PM
They are all events, this way is easier to implement and to add additional events.
Then maybe at least group "Suspend/Resume task/project" rows together? And tag the program file input window?
Peter

Pepo

With a considerable delay, the Slovak BT 1.20 language file is finally in the upload area.

ENU version of <ClientNotStartedBT> contains trailing "...by BoincTasks and is still running", whereas the SKY (and many other) versions are finished with "...by BoincTasks, so it may still be running". OTOH, both DEU and NLD versions seem (as far as I can understand them) to contain something like "... therefore it remains running" and "... therefore it will not be stopped".
Which nuance was the intended final version? ;) I'd vote for something like "... therefore it will/can not be stopped"

In the TThrottle dialog, BT seems to be sharing some translated texts with TTh without them being translated in BT (in the process list diagnostic box). Or is the text being completely received from TTh "as-it-is-formatted", without any further translation? (Apparently.)

I definitely seem to need a detailed explanation of "Project backoff", "backoff times", "backoff interval" for a good translation :-[ Fred, could you please point me to some verbose source for a short study?

In the Tasks graphs dialog, <GroupDialogGraphic>'s <Days> string is not at the same horizontal position as the <Period> checkbox and corresponding editbox, but shifted up by some 1/2 char height - appears as a superscript.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on September 23, 2011, 01:46:11 PM

1) ENU version of <ClientNotStartedBT> contains trailing "...by BoincTasks and is still running", whereas the SKY (and many other) versions are finished with "...by BoincTasks, so it may still be running". OTOH, both DEU and NLD versions seem (as far as I can understand them) to contain something like "... therefore it remains running" and "... therefore it will not be stopped".
Which nuance was the intended final version? ;) I'd vote for something like "... therefore it will/can not be stopped"

2) In the TThrottle dialog, BT seems to be sharing some translated texts with TTh without them being translated in BT (in the process list diagnostic box). Or is the text being completely received from TTh "as-it-is-formatted", without any further translation? (Apparently.)

3) I definitely seem to need a detailed explanation of "Project backoff", "backoff times", "backoff interval" for a good translation :-[ Fred, could you please point me to some verbose source for a short study?

3)In the Tasks graphs dialog, <GroupDialogGraphic>'s <Days> string is not at the same horizontal position as the <Period> checkbox and corresponding editbox, but shifted up by some 1/2 char height - appears as a superscript.
1) I removed the message box, the text is in the logging only. BT check if BOINC is running, so "is still running" is correct.
2) The text appears as is in the TThrottle dialog. So translations should be there. Give me a translation and I will update it.
3) Translations, but not all up to date. http://boinc.berkeley.edu/translate/Translation
No other info except in the source code.....
Down/Upload, a general project backoff, time no new attempts will occur for that project for ... time. And the same backoff / item. Both do basically the same.
But documentation is poor on these subjects.
4) Done.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on November 01, 2011, 07:23:11 AM
V 1.25

<GroupDialogUpdate>
   <UnableToStore>      Could't write file               </>
</GroupDialogUpdate>
Missing char - should read "Couldn't".
Peter

fred

Pepo

With a delay, the Slovak BT 1.28 language file is finally in the upload area.

Where can I see the controls for addition of an Exclusive App? Just when connected to a 6.13.x client?
Peter

Pepo

Quote from: Pepo on November 25, 2011, 07:04:35 PM
Where can I see the controls for addition of an Exclusive App? Just when connected to a 6.13.x client?
OK, I can see it on other machine with 6.13.12, works and displays correctly.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on November 25, 2011, 10:22:01 PM
OK, I can see it on other machine with 6.13.12, works and displays correctly.
CPU and GPU.
You can edit the cc_config.xml remotely as well.

Pepo

The Slovak BT 1.31 language file is in the upload area.

BTW, although just 9 lines changed during the ENU 1.28 --> 1.31 transition, I've got to check and modify 62 lines for the equivalent SKY transition. You should check the quality of work of your internal translation files' processing team ;) but a LOT of already translated lines (in the BoincTasks_SKY.btlang file, installed with the 1.31 release) got reverted to some past state - often whole blocks of lines. :-X ???
(Maybe the best match was the BoincTasks_SKY.btlang file, delivered with the 1.28 release. Is it possible, that you've unintentionally skipped my translated Slovak BT 1.28 language file?)

I have validation problems. Although my translations of both <ProjectRank> + <RowProjectRank> are equally "Poradie v projekte" and both <ProjectTeamRank> + <RowTeamRank> are equally "Poradie v tíme", just the Settings dialog displays it correctly - the Projects tab's columns headers are missing the middle " v " - they display just "Poradie projekte" and "Poradie tíme". Any idea why? There are other columns with more than 2 words in their header, which do display correctly.
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on May 05, 2012, 09:46:30 PM

I have validation problems. Although my translations of both <ProjectRank> + <RowProjectRank> are equally "Poradie v projekte" and both <ProjectTeamRank> + <RowTeamRank> are equally "Poradie v tíme", just the Settings dialog displays it correctly - the Projects tab's columns headers are missing the middle " v " - they display just "Poradie projekte" and "Poradie tíme". Any idea why? There are other columns with more than 2 words in their header, which do display correctly.
Got it and I will check these problems.

fred

Found the problem. v and ^ are used for sorting. Any isolated v will be removed. :o
So try to find another translation that doesn't use v in the header.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on May 10, 2012, 05:43:09 AM
Although my translations of both <ProjectRank> + <RowProjectRank> are equally "Poradie v projekte" and both <ProjectTeamRank> + <RowTeamRank> are equally "Poradie v tíme", just the Settings dialog displays it correctly - the Projects tab's columns headers are missing the middle " v " - they display just "Poradie projekte" and "Poradie tíme". Any idea why?
Found the problem. v and ^ are used for sorting. Any isolated v will be removed. :o
So try to find another translation that doesn't use v in the header.
:o  :-X we do not have any other suitable preposition for instrumental locative case in the language ???

Well, please replace (just) the column headers with "Poradie - projekt" and "Poradie - tím" - hope the dash/hyphen is not being used for e.g. underlining ;)
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on May 10, 2012, 04:08:40 PM
:o  :-X we do not have any other preposition for instrumental case in the language ???

Well, please replace (just) the column headers with "Poradie - projekt" and "Poradie - tím" - hope the dash/hyphen is not being used for e.g. underlining ;)
Ok this works out just fine. 8)