News:

Follow BoincTasks on Twitter Facebook        Visit our website here.
BoincTasks cloud login is working again

Main Menu

Snooze Function

Started by Corsair, January 20, 2010, 08:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corsair

Hi all,

I've been reading in the wish list about "snooze function". :o

what is supposed to be?? (I know what is a snooze, but in BOINC??) ???
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

Pepo

Quote from: Corsair on January 20, 2010, 08:33:35 PM
... wish list about "snooze function". :o  what is supposed to be?? (I know what is a snooze, but in BOINC??) ???

Currently there is a Snooze entry in BOINC Manager's tray icon menu, which was suspending both CPU computing and networking for 3600 seconds. I think it is currently suspending just CPU computation (and possibly also GPU if available).

On the BOINC dev/alpha Mailing lists, there is a pressure to get separate Snooze entries for CPU and GPU, IIRC DaveA is trying to withstand them ::)

Will we get both of them, for any connected host? :) BTW, it is possible to snooze any resource for any arbitrarily amount of time, e.g. 2:30 hours till the end of tennis match or horse race ;-)
Peter

Corsair

I see, right click in BOINC icon and in Spanish is "Domitar" something like nearly sleep, right "snooze" in English. :-[ :-[
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

Pepo

Quote from: Corsair on January 20, 2010, 10:02:51 PM
something like nearly sleep, right "snooze" in English. :-[ :-[

It reminds me on myself repeatedly kicking a Snooze butons on an alarm clock: "I do not want to wake up immediately, I want to snore for a couple more minutes..." zzzzz (dormitar, adormitar, cabecear, estar entre suoños?)
Peter

fred

As of 0.40
The snooze in the taskbar will suspend all projects on the localhost for 1 hour. This is also the default BOINC Manager implementation.
A related function is added in the Extra menu, Suspend network communications, available for all computers. It will suspend indefinably.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on January 21, 2010, 01:02:46 PM
A related function is added in the Extra menu, Suspend network communications, available for all computers. It will suspend indefinably.
Suspend+Resume. For "all" computers in the combined window at once, or for any of the computers, or the computer with topmost single-client window?
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on January 22, 2010, 12:06:48 PM
Quote from: fred on January 21, 2010, 01:02:46 PM
Suspend+Resume. For "all" computers in the combined window at once, or for any of the computers, or the computer with topmost single-client window?
Added to the list