Source:        Application Error
Date:          02/17/2010 1:01:15 AM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Description:
Faulting application name: BoincTasks64.exe, version: 0.4.1.0, time stamp: 0x4b68b8d4
Faulting module name: BoincTasks64.exe, version: 0.4.1.0, time stamp: 0x4b68b8d4
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000005e1a6
Faulting process id: 0x8c8
Faulting application start time: 0x01caaf92578ef62b
Faulting application path: D:\BoincTasks\BoincTasks64.exe
Faulting module path: D:\BoincTasks\BoincTasks64.exe

From MS site eventid:1000
This behavior can occur if the address for the configured preferred DNS server on the client is invalid or unreachable.

fred

Can you tell me a bit more.
What OS do you use. When does this error occur.

glennaxl

W7 x64, BOINC v6.10.32

It happen when uploads (to SAH) are stuck.

I have History turned on and when I deleted those csv's the app runs fine but logged in history are the pending uploads. In normal times uploads or ready to report are not listed on history.

Hope this helps.

fred

Quote from: glennaxl on February 19, 2010, 12:22:38 PM
W7 x64, BOINC v6.10.32

It happen when uploads (to SAH) are stuck.

I have History turned on and when I deleted those csv's the app runs fine but logged in history are the pending uploads. In normal times uploads or ready to report are not listed on history.

Hope this helps.
Tasks are logged when they are in uploading or ready to report. Sometimes uploading is simply too short.
But after deleting the csv files you don't get any errors?

glennaxl

Same error after deleting the csv. I have to delete the csv, edit the computer.xml (connect only to localhost), run the app then turn off the history to make it work. Then I can connect to the rest of the computers without having the error 1000.

fred

Quote from: glennaxl on February 20, 2010, 05:19:02 AM
Same error after deleting the csv. I have to delete the csv, edit the computer.xml (connect only to localhost), run the app then turn off the history to make it work. Then I can connect to the rest of the computers without having the error 1000.
I will try to find something but I may well be something with the BOINC Version that is different. I only the BOINC Release version is tested.

efmer

glennaxl

I may have found the issue. Its the number of history logs.

I enabled history with fresh history logs and its working. Placing back the old logs whc has about 7000 entries for each machine (total of 7), it crash with the same eventid (1000). The logs has about 3.x weeks of data.

Is there a limit on history?

fred

Quote from: glennaxl on February 21, 2010, 04:47:49 AM
I may have found the issue. Its the number of history logs.

I enabled history with fresh history logs and its working. Placing back the old logs whc has about 7000 entries for each machine (total of 7), it crash with the same eventid (1000). The logs has about 3.x weeks of data.

Is there a limit on history?
There should not be any limit, but 1000 is a nice limit.
Beyond that it will take more and more of your computer time as every 10 seconds all x thousand entries have to be compared.

I made some adjustments that may or may not help. I moved the dynamic buffer from main memory to stack memory. Sometimes the memory is limited even as it shouldn't be.
Let's see if that does anything, I expect a new release soon.