BT 0.42

Started by Corsair, February 22, 2010, 01:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

efmer

Quote from: jjwhalen on February 28, 2010, 07:02:45 PM
--NEW ISSUE--

Actually, I thought I saw "something, somewhere" in the forum on this but can't find it.  Tasks running in Panic Mode (see above) continue to show status "Running High P" when suspended (in addition to suspended, user request, whatever).  Tasks running in normal scheduler mode do not continue to show as Running.  This, at least, is consistent across all tasks/hosts.

Best wishes.
This is something I can't place.
Did you see this yourself? Where did you see it. The problem may already been solved.

jjwhalen

Quote from: efmer on February 28, 2010, 10:21:40 PM
--NEW ISSUE--

Actually, I thought I saw "something, somewhere" in the forum on this but can't find it.  Tasks running in Panic Mode (see above) continue to show status "Running High P" when suspended (in addition to suspended, user request, whatever).  Tasks running in normal scheduler mode do not continue to show as Running.  This, at least, is consistent across all tasks/hosts.

Best wishes.
Did you see this yourself? Where did you see it. The problem may already been solved.

Sorry but yes, I'm reproducing this in v0.42 on demand, including as I type this.  With 3 cores running in Panic Mode (with deadline warning), and the client either Snoozed or Suspended, I'm getting a Status column thus: "Running High P., deadline warning,suspended: user request".  The 4th core task, in Panic Mode but without deadline warning, reads: "Running High P., suspended: user request".

With tasks running in normal scheduler mode and the client either Snoozed or Suspended, the Status column 'correctly' reads "suspended: user request".  This is consistent on 3 hosts.  Host environments are as listed earlier.

B/W

efmer

Quote from: jjwhalen on March 01, 2010, 12:24:40 AM
Quote from: efmer on February 28, 2010, 10:21:40 PM
--NEW ISSUE--

Best wishes.

Sorry but yes, I'm reproducing this in v0.42 on demand, including as I type this.  With 3 cores running in Panic Mode (with deadline warning), and the client either Snoozed or Suspended, I'm getting a Status column thus: "Running High P., deadline warning,suspended: user request".  The 4th core task, in Panic Mode but without deadline warning, reads: "Running High P., suspended: user request".

With tasks running in normal scheduler mode and the client either Snoozed or Suspended, the Status column 'correctly' reads "suspended: user request".  This is consistent on 3 hosts.  Host environments are as listed earlier.

B/W
Thanks, I added it to the Bug list

efmer

My other 2 hosts (both dual core/no GPU, Vista SP2), also have PrimeGrid tasks in Panic Mode (but no deadline warning) and BT shows progress in agreement with BM.

The warning is only activated when a task is within the set time period. Tasks may go into Panic Mode long before that. And Panic Mode has it's own color, so it's a warning as well.

jjwhalen

Quote from: efmer on March 01, 2010, 12:56:03 AM

My other 2 hosts (both dual core/no GPU, Vista SP2), also have PrimeGrid tasks in Panic Mode (but no deadline warning) and BT shows progress in agreement with BM.

The warning is only activated when a task is within the set time period. Tasks may go into Panic Mode long before that. And Panic Mode has it's own color, so it's a warning as well.

I do know about the 'Deadline warning' option pullldowns in Settings, and have them set appropriately.  These hosts had not processed the particular (PrimeGrid) applications before and the 'default' Time Left is ridiculously long (1500 hours +), which is months beyond the Report Deadline at a 15% Resource share--hence the Panic Mode.  This is always a problem, especially with Wrapper applications like PrimeGrid.  I know to expect it & it's not an issue.  I already know based on Elapsed Time that the actual time to completion will be ~32 hours, and the client will "learn" that.

The only issue I'm requesting you look at here is that tasks in Panic Mode are indicating Status of both Running [High P.] & Suspended at the same time--which is an oxymoron  ::)  EDIT--(As per the TO DO list :))

B/W