password appears not to preserve case

Started by archae86, March 09, 2010, 01:27:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archae86

Not sure if this belongs on the Beta Testing section, but since it is a possible bug, it seemed not to belong with suggestions.

Anyway, I am running version 0.42.  When I exited it for the first time, on restart it only connected with localhost, but not the four networked hosts to which I had been observing before the exit.  Upon using the Computers|Show|Password column, I noticed that the password I had entered was shown in all lowercase.  When I re-entered the password with correct case, the program reconnected.

Possibly this is a bug.

fred

Quote from: archae86 on March 09, 2010, 01:27:18 AM
Not sure if this belongs on the Beta Testing section, but since it is a possible bug, it seemed not to belong with suggestions.

Anyway, I am running version 0.42.  When I exited it for the first time, on restart it only connected with localhost, but not the four networked hosts to which I had been observing before the exit.  Upon using the Computers|Show|Password column, I noticed that the password I had entered was shown in all lowercase.  When I re-entered the password with correct case, the program reconnected.

Possibly this is a bug.
This looks like a definite bug. Strange that no one has found this one.
Will be corrected in the next version.
Try the Expert tab and enable encryption, next enter the passwords again, that may work.
It looks like the encrypted mode keeps the upper case.

fred