Started by glennaxl, April 12, 2010, 03:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennaxl

Typo in the grid headers:
Computer:  |2 Computers
Task: |3 Project
Transfers: |2 Project
History: |2 Project

Can you make the "Selection bar" scalable?

Corsair

Hi all,

gave one error for reporting in x32 version (XP Professional SP3 Spaniard) , and couldn't start, I'll try now the x64 version.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

Corsair

Hi all again,

x64 version working, some cosmetics:

• missing "all computers" in computer left panel (tree)
  • some extra sorting number in some windows, why??
  • the length of the selection bar should be adjustable to show the total length or desired, instead the arrow, the arrows are very useful if there is no enough screen room.
  • although "BOINC website" string is translated in translation is shown the English version, instead the localized one.
  • this version and previous showing Milkyway GPU stock applications as low performance, but working correctly.
  • where is "restart project"??

try to investigate if is there anything else.

but as previous message x32 version not working, I really don't no why?? if x64 is working perfectly.

Corsair.

jjwhalen

v0.49 64-bit version crashed immediately on startup on my Intel Core Duo, Vista SP2 laptop host.  First install was as an update, installing over v0.48 with no reboot (never a problem with earlier versions).  Next I rebooted the machine, same result.  Next I tried a "clean" install, after uninstalling via the Control Panel--same result.  Possibly there's some incompatibility with previously written Registry keys that aren't being removed by the uninstaller?

I've reverted to v0.48, operating normally.  

fred

Quote from: glennaxl on April 12, 2010, 03:09:52 AM
Typo in the grid headers:
Computer:  |2 Computers
Task: |3 Project
Transfers: |2 Project
History: |2 Project

Can you make the "Selection bar" scalable?
This one?
http://www.efmer.eu/forum_tt/index.php?topic=311.0
I will remove the |2

fred

Quote from: Corsair on April 12, 2010, 08:10:44 AM
Hi all again,

x64 version working, some cosmetics:

• missing "all computers" in computer left panel (tree)
  • some extra sorting number in some windows, why??
  • the length of the selection bar should be adjustable to show the total length or desired, instead the arrow, the arrows are very useful if there is no enough screen room.
  • although "BOINC website" string is translated in translation is shown the English version, instead the localized one.
  • this version and previous showing Milkyway GPU stock applications as low performance, but working correctly.
  • where is "restart project"??

try to investigate if is there anything else.

but as previous message x32 version not working, I really don't no why?? if x64 is working perfectly.
Done.

archae86

Quote from: jjwhalen on April 12, 2010, 05:13:14 PM
v0.49 64-bit version crashed immediately on startup on my Intel Core Duo, Vista SP2 laptop host.  First install was as an update, installing over v0.48 with no reboot (never a problem with earlier versions).  Next I rebooted the machine, same result.  Next I tried a "clean" install, after uninstalling via the Control Panel--same result.  Possibly there's some incompatibility with previously written Registry keys that aren't being removed by the uninstaller?

Possibly similar to my experience.  I was installing to a host which had been running Beta .46.  The machine is a Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit Core 2 Quad.

On launching BOINCTasks for the very first time, I got an instantaneous "please tell Microsoft about this problem" popup.  Clicking on the "see what data this error report contains" shows an extensive dump, but I could not seem to select it for copy and paste, and the 4k file it proposed to send along with the dump to Microsoft had little in it (though I did save it).

I tried an uninstall from Control Panel, turning off my COMODO firewall, which has interfered with a very few installations, and a new install, but that gave the same result.  Reinstalling version .46 without even a reboot came back up and running.

If I can make this report more useful by providing additional information or running tests I'd be happy to help out.

Corsair

Quote from: Corsair on April 12, 2010, 08:10:44 AM

for being more accurate is Milkyway GPU work unit for ATI/AMD working on a ATI Radeon HD3870 and HD4770
the stock application is 0.23 Milkyway@Home (ati13ati), as could be seen is showing correctly the plan_class.

Corsair.

glennaxl

Quote from: fred on April 12, 2010, 08:25:25 PM
This one?
No, I mean this one 
It would be nice to be scalable; the same as you did on the computer sidebar

glennaxl

I found this version the best fit to my setup (4 lan, 4 wan). Prior versions always give me a hard time - killing BT when stuck at "switching, busy". Now I can switch views in fast succession without a hitch.

fred

Quote from: glennaxl on April 13, 2010, 03:40:10 PM
This one?
No, I mean this one 
I see, it's on the list, I need to make it a bit wider though.
Normally I have some more computers to test this, on this LT I use, it's even too big. On yours it's too small.

fred

Quote from: archae86 on April 13, 2010, 03:55:14 AM
Quote from: jjwhalen on April 12, 2010, 05:13:14 PM

Possibly similar to my experience.  I was installing to a host which had been running Beta .46.  The machine is a Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit Core 2 Quad.

On launching BOINCTasks for the very first time, I got an instantaneous "please tell Microsoft about this problem" popup.  Clicking on the "see what data this error report contains" shows an extensive dump, but I could not seem to select it for copy and paste, and the 4k file it proposed to send along with the dump to Microsoft had little in it (though I did save it).

I tried an uninstall from Control Panel, turning off my COMODO firewall, which has interfered with a very few installations, and a new install, but that gave the same result.  Reinstalling version .46 without even a reboot came back up and running.

If I can make this report more useful by providing additional information or running tests I'd be happy to help out.
Please wait for V 0.50. If this still gives a problem, let me know.

fred

Quote from: glennaxl on April 13, 2010, 03:40:10 PM
This one?
No, I mean this one 
In .50 I changed things so the tabs should fit ... always, so there should be no need to adjust it manually.