News:

Follow BoincTasks on Twitter Facebook        Visit our website here.
BoincTasks cloud login is working again

Main Menu

Testing Version 1.80

Started by fred, May 14, 2010, 01:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred

(Changed): Moved from compiler V 2005 to V 2010.
(Changed): Driver installer V 1.30 now shows Windows 7 machines.
(Changed): Rules tab -> Show running processes: Moved process fetch an calculations to another thread. Makes the load more distributed on multi-core CPU's.
The same thread determines the runtime % minimum threshold for the general throttle.
(Changed): General throttle: only throttles processes that use op more that 4% or a core time. This eliminates the huge list of background processes from throttling.
(Changed): Increased height of the dialog, needed as CPU's tend to get more cores.
(Changed: One unified installer for 32 and 64 bit.
(Fixed): A potential crash may occur. (Close an already closed handle).

Pepo

So far no problems, "no difference to previous noticed"  :)
Peter

Corsair

AFAIK & see running smoothly.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Most of the work went into a features used by some users.
The general throttle in the previous version gave an increase in temperature, when activated. Not what you want to happen. But this happened only on CPU's like the I7 mobile (8 virtual cores) as far as I can check.

Corsair

Quote from: fred on May 17, 2010, 03:54:34 PM
Most of the work went into a features used by some users.
The general throttle in the previous version gave an increase in temperature, when activated. Not what you want to happen. But this happened only on CPU's like the I7 mobile (8 virtual cores) as far as I can check.

TThrottle should be a minimal program, just as it's now and could be lighter:

• graph tab could be removed and the button for graph window inserted in temperature tab.
  • options and expert tab unified.
  • log could be a pop-up windows in Expert/Options tab "show log"
  • the language .dll convert into something similar to .btlang
  • avoid doing any .dll or any other dependency, that the program depends only from itself, just plain alone and as stated in previous line with the .btlang for languages.
  • and minimize the code and program just to do what is doing now with the best optimization possible.

I think that the program is marvellous but we'll try to make it better if possible, the other thing is
if we want to control BOINC for such purpose we've (or we'll) BOINCTasks.

keep on going Fred  ;) :) :)
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.