BT 0.57

Started by Corsair, May 23, 2010, 02:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corsair

is still needed the "Windows" menu??  ???

as per actual layout looks like that is not needed any more.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on May 23, 2010, 02:43:37 PM
is still needed the "Windows" menu??  ???

as per actual layout looks like that is not needed any more.
No not really, I could leave it out. ;D

Corsair

again from 3 work units of a lot of them, that there is no running time.
(in the log tab)

I'll have to confirm at latter stage of crunching to test if this has been
previous version or the actual one.

Corsair.

Corsair

Quote from: Corsair on May 24, 2010, 12:03:07 AM
again from 3 work units of a lot of them, that there is no running time.
(in the log tab)

I'll have to confirm at latter stage of crunching to test if this has been
previous version or the actual one.

confirmed one out 30/40 without running time, not always same project, different ones.

Corsair.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on May 23, 2010, 12:00:33 PM
V 0.57
- Add: Projects: A column with the Time left / project. Taking into account the number of cores / gpus the system has

I've noticed the same problem the folks on BOINC alpha are intensively criticizing the BOINC client for: suming the duration of long (or rather huge) tasks together and dividing them by the number of CPUs gives the client a warm fuzzy feeling ;D that there's enough work on-board to last until the next connection for a work request is necessary. BT is now approaching the same way...

Examples for a 3 CPU machine:

• Einstein: 6 waiting single-threaded tasks per 5:53:46 to do, folded -> 1+11:22:36; plus 1 running single-threaded task 7:01:15;
    the Projects tab displays 14:08:05 (3) of work left to do - could be considered approximately right (although not very precisely), because there are many tasks. The whole work will not be crunched through sooner than in 17:41:18.
  • CPDN beta: 2 running single-threaded tasks 4+14:17:55 and 11+13:49:23, folded -> 16+04:07:18;
    the Projects tab displays 5+09:22:26 (3) of work left to do - but it will take at least 11 days to crunch through.
  • climateprediction.net: 1 running single-threaded task 12+05:46:01;
    the Projects tab displays 4+01:55:20 (3) of work left to do - but it will take at least 12 days to crunch through and during the time 2/3 of the CPUs could sit idle.

(Note: I'm using '+' instead of 'd' for "days". I prefer it for better... lucidity (I don't know whether this is a good term).)

Resume: no I do not have a solution :) just wanted to point it out.
Peter

glennaxl

When the project is suspended and there are tasks, the status should be "project suspended by user" but BT says "waiting to run" - for task that has been started and "ready to run" - for task that hasn't been started. Though the colors are for suspend.

jjwhalen

Quote from: glennaxl on May 25, 2010, 12:54:16 AM
When the project is suspended and there are tasks, the status should be "project suspended by user" but BT says "waiting to run" - for task that has been started and "ready to run" - for task that hasn't been started. Though the colors are for suspend.

That's strange: I get "Waiting to run,Project suspended" and "Ready to start,Project suspended" respectively.  Looks right to me except maybe needing a space after the comma, which I won't quibble about.

If by "the status should be" you mean the way BOINCManager does it, I disagree.  BT's version is more informative of the true status of the task(s).

fred

Quote from: jjwhalen on May 25, 2010, 01:34:10 AM

That's strange: I get "Waiting to run,Project suspended" and "Ready to start,Project suspended" respectively.  Looks right to me except maybe needing a space after the comma, which I won't quibble about.

If by "the status should be" you mean the way BOINCManager does it, I disagree.  BT's version is more informative of the true status of the task(s).

I changed "," into ", "

fred

You don't get the "Project suspended" message as well?

fred

Quote from: Pepo on May 24, 2010, 05:11:52 PM
Resume: no I do not have a solution :) just wanted to point it out.
The column is more intended like a minimum indicator.  How much work do I have left. ;D