New Rules to add

Started by fred, June 04, 2010, 07:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idahofisherman

it would be nice to have other valid statuses added such as Downloading Error.  Also be able to abort task via rules.  If you get a downloading error  you must first abort the task before it can be reported to the project.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on November 21, 2011, 11:18:15 AM
Quote from: Pepo on November 21, 2011, 11:05:31 AM
Quote from: fred on November 20, 2011, 09:39:33 AM
Quote from: idahofisherman on November 19, 2011, 08:57:40 PM
I wouild like to see a rule that allows comparison between deadline date & time and system date & time so that I could automatically abort those tasks that exceed their deadline.
A rule on the deadline. Like 24 hour past the deadline, abort task.
I'd advice just "user adjustable", per rule, as the secure/over time may greatly differ per project.
That's what I'm planning to do. 8)
Any ETA on the deadline comparison? It has not made it yet into the WishList's ToDo section, let's not forget it ;)

A rule option to put a project on NoNewTasks after meeting a criterion?
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on December 08, 2011, 01:58:12 PM
Done and done.
I'm a bit distracted, building a SETI app_info editor and merger after using the Lunatics installer.

Pepo

Quote from: fred on December 08, 2011, 02:10:44 PM
Quote from: Pepo on December 08, 2011, 01:58:12 PM
Done and done.
I'm a bit distracted, building a SETI app_info editor and merger after using the Lunatics installer.
Sure, that's what the ToDo list is designed for (I suppose at least) - to put it there and can forget for a while.
You're anyway continuously inserting a plenty lot of code into BT.
Peter

idahofisherman

I would like to see an abort task variable.   Also it would be nice to compare time left to deadline time so that  wUs can be aborted if deadline is not going to be made.

fred

Quote from: idahofisherman on December 25, 2011, 01:37:50 AM
Also it would be nice to compare time left to deadline time so that  wUs can be aborted if deadline is not going to be made.
Added to the list.

BobCat13

Under Event, it would be nice to have Suspend network and Resume network. 

There are times when some rules are triggered, that I would like to suspend or resume the core client's internet access.  At present, I am doing that by launching a .bat file for the affected machine.  Only problem is, this requires a separate rule and .bat file for each machine since I don't want to suspend or resume network on machines that didn't trigger the rule.

fred

Quote from: BobCat13 on March 04, 2015, 08:14:17 PM
Under Event, it would be nice to have Suspend network and Resume network. 
I added it to my list, lets see if that's possible.

thebestjaspreet

I will like to have the option "resume task" and "suspend task at checkpoint" in the rules.
"I always win law permanently"

Matt

Hello,
I need rule like from B.M. Computing "Use at most ...% of the CPUs" with daily schedules.
E.g. message from Boinctasks: Number of usable CPUs has changed from 4 to 2.

Please and thank you!

fred

Quote from: Matt on April 06, 2016, 06:06:36 AM
Hello,
I need rule like from B.M. Computing "Use at most ...% of the CPUs" with daily schedules.
E.g. message from Boinctasks: Number of usable CPUs has changed from 4 to 2.

Please and thank you!
This is not general enough to implement.

Create a batch file that you run on a specific time.
That does the following.
Copy a file a global prefs file from a location. http://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/Global_prefs_override.xml
and run --read_global_prefs_override
https://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/Boinccmd_tool

Using 2 different batch files with different Global prefs override.xml files should do the trick.