Version numbers

Started by Corsair, June 09, 2009, 10:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corsair

Hi all,

in previous versions I had a fix with the updater, on the way that 1.59 beta or 1.60 beta
were installed and I clicked the mouse in the icon and update, look for new version, and
I got, new version found 1.58 ???

why not numbering the beta versions as e.g. 1.61.0...X and the definitive version as the
last number of the list while in the same version, in order not to have this tricky upgrade
(dowgrade if followed).

in that way some minor released could be done for cosmetic bugs, etc.

e.g. if the definitive version is 1.61.4 but there is a small correction before a newer version
could be 1.61.5 and up without making Fred crazy with all the stuff we ask.

Cheers  ;)
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on June 09, 2009, 10:32:15 AM
Hi all,

in previous versions I had a fix with the updater, on the way that 1.59 beta or 1.60 beta
were installed and I clicked the mouse in the icon and update, look for new version, and
I got, new version found 1.58 ???

why not numbering the beta versions as e.g. 1.61.0...X and the definitive version as the
last number of the list while in the same version, in order not to have this tricky upgrade
(dowgrade if followed).

in that way some minor released could be done for cosmetic bugs, etc.

e.g. if the definitive version is 1.61.4 but there is a small correction before a newer version
could be 1.61.5 and up without making Fred crazy with all the stuff we ask.

Cheers  ;)
Yes that is something. Keep the last number for beta only. So it is a good thing we have 1.60 now as a release.
1.61, 1.62 for beta an 1.70 for release.
A downgrade will not work (I hope) because the installer doesn't install older programs over newer. So that should not be a problem.
But I will change the update so that you don't get messages about older versions.