News:

Follow BoincTasks on Twitter Facebook        Visit our website here.
BoincTasks cloud login is working again

Main Menu

Rules

Started by fred, July 18, 2010, 04:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agni451

How would I go about creating the following rule(s):

If the temp of a GPU > 80C, suspend the task.  Then once the temp has reached a more normal temp (say 50C), resume the task.

The first part is simple, but how do I do the second part?  Sometime TThrottle can't control the temp anymore (every few hours or so this happens): it puts the GPU use down to 1% "running GPU" but the temps keep climbing, so I manually stop all GPU tasks to let the temps come down.  Then I restart them.  TThrottle has "enable BOINCTasks" checked, and BOINCTasks has "Connect to TThrottle" checked.

One more question: what does the number in the "Throttle" column in BoincTasks indicate?  It doesn't match the % Running GPU in TThrottle.

fred

Quote from: Agni451 on February 22, 2012, 10:02:26 AM
How would I go about creating the following rule(s):
The only thing you can do right now is suspend a project and resume it.
Once a task is suspended it's no longer in the history.

The TThrottle column is 100-value in TThrottle, it's the amount of throttling. So 1% running in TThrottle is 99% suspended in BoincTasks.

Corsair

I want to make a rule that every 24 hours a BOINC idle computer (this computer is not crunching but has BOINC installed and is the BT server too) will update all its projects that are the same for all computer. could it be done with BT rules??

I've been investigating and I find no way to do it.
Roses don't bloom on the sailor's grave

Corsair.

fred

Quote from: Corsair on June 30, 2014, 09:59:00 PM
I've been investigating and I find no way to do it.
Nop, but BOINC should take care of it eventually.

JStateson

"batch" files don't seem to execute, instead they show up in notepad.  ie:  putting "beep.bat" in that command window seems, at least on my win7x64 system, to run "notepad.exe beep.bat" instead.  However, if I use "beep.cmd" then all works fine and the file is executed as if it ended in ".bat".  Not sure what is happening.  I even looked in my antivirus history to see if something was happening there.  I didn't see a bug list for this but I might have missed it.

fred

Quote from: BeemerBiker on July 27, 2015, 06:32:47 AM
"batch" files don't seem to execute, instead they show up in notepad.  ie:  putting "beep.bat" in that command window seems, at least on my win7x64 system, to run "notepad.exe beep.bat" instead.  However, if I use "beep.cmd" then all works fine and the file is executed as if it ended in ".bat".  Not sure what is happening.  I even looked in my antivirus history to see if something was happening there.  I didn't see a bug list for this but I might have missed it.
Most likely this has something to do with the default program that opens a certain extension. You probably edited a bat file with notepad and check open with or something.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-default-programs#1TC=windows-7

Thinkfast

If I create a rule using Type:Wall-clock Time and I want to suspend a project "ATLAS@home" from [00:00 to 10:00] and [20:00 to 23:59], do I have to create another rule to resume the project from 10:00 to 19:59?

Thanks, Fred
You make managing BOINC, so much easier!

fred

Quote from: Thinkfast on August 30, 2016, 03:54:01 AM
If I create a rule using Type:Wall-clock Time and I want to suspend a project "ATLAS@home" from [00:00 to 10:00] and [20:00 to 23:59], do I have to create another rule to resume the project from 10:00 to 19:59?
Good question, I made this part a long long time ago, I think it does resume it again.
You can see what's going on in Show->Rules log

Thinkfast

I checked the rules log and it indicates that the project changes state is expected:

Start logging

31 August 2016 - 00:01:11 Rule: ATLAS restritions Active ---- Activated: OK, Project: ATLAS@home, CCE, Suspend project
31 August 2016 - 10:02:07 Rule: ATLAS restritions Deactive ---- Activated: OK, Project: ATLAS@home, CCE, Resume project
31 August 2016 - 20:01:27 Rule: ATLAS restritions Active ---- Activated: OK, Project: ATLAS@home, CCE, Suspend project

Not sure what the rest of these entries mean, except for the last group. Turns out that in the Wall-clock time selection window, the block just before 24:00 was green. So that correlates correctly:

Start logging

31 August 2016 - 21:56:49 Rule(s) ---- Active: 2
31 August 2016 - 21:56:49 Rule: ATLAS restritions Active ---- CCE, ATLAS@home, ,  | Wall-clock Time 
31 August 2016 - 21:56:49 Rule: ATLAS restritions Deactive ---- CCE, ATLAS@home, ,  | Wall-clock Time 
31 August 2016 - 21:56:49 ============================================================================== ----
31 August 2016 - 21:57:49 Rule: ATLAS restritions Active ---- Activated: OK, Project: ATLAS@home, CCE, Suspend project

Start logging

Start logging

31 August 2016 - 22:18:49 Rule(s) ---- Active: 2
31 August 2016 - 22:18:49 Rule: ATLAS restritions Active ---- CCE, ATLAS@home, ,  | Wall-clock Time 
31 August 2016 - 22:18:49 Rule: ATLAS restritions Deactive ---- CCE, ATLAS@home, ,  | Wall-clock Time 
31 August 2016 - 22:18:49 ============================================================================== ----
31 August 2016 - 22:19:49 Rule: ATLAS restritions Active ---- Activated: OK, Project: ATLAS@home, CCE, Suspend project
31 August 2016 - 23:47:50 Rule: ATLAS restritions Deactive ---- Activated: OK, Project: ATLAS@home, CCE, Resume project

So everything looks good. Thanks for pointing me to the rules.log.