BT 0.67

Started by PinQuin, July 31, 2010, 08:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PinQuin

I use the function key to hide/show BoincTasks now. I choose the Pause-Key and it works but i can't see the key in the properties. ;)

glennaxl

Projects: When you snooze the gpu and you have more than 1 card, the time left will be calculated based on 1 card. Shouldn't this value stay as is?
As you snooze a project the time left will be messed up anyway. ;D
I check the GPU' that are actually running. As I don't want any divides by 0, 1 is the lowest value.

fred

Quote from: PinQuin on July 31, 2010, 08:07:39 PM
I use the function key to hide/show BoincTasks now. I choose the Pause-Key and it works but i can't see the key in the properties. ;)
It's a Windows function. They probably never expected someone using the pause key. ;D

jjwhalen

In one of those strange little anomalies that creep in, I noticed when I updated to v0.67 that the "Use vertical gridlines" checkbox had been reset (cleared). (???)  Horizontal gridlines were still turned on though :)  Go figure.

Pepo

After switching to the History tab, I could briefly see a 2010 state (or was it a 2100 state?). The line was refreshed afterwards and I could not catch any task/project/??? detail.
Peter

glennaxl

Tooltip: it doesn't update if one of the computers losses connection even past its 120 secs refresh time.

Pepo

I've seen tasks from a remote client displayed in the gadget window many hours (or days?) after the remote client has been shut down... (in the main window, the client disappeared nearly immediately, as usual).
Peter

fred

Quote from: Pepo on August 03, 2010, 01:05:30 AM
I've seen tasks from a remote client displayed in the gadget window many hours (or days?) after the remote client has been shut down... (in the main window, the client disappeared nearly immediately, as usual).
Quote from: glennaxl on August 03, 2010, 01:01:24 AM
Tooltip: it doesn't update if one of the computers losses connection even past its 120 secs refresh time.
Both are simular problems, I will a remove not connected computers from the history/gadget/tooltip.

fred

Quote from: Pepo on August 02, 2010, 08:38:42 PM
After switching to the History tab, I could briefly see a 2010 state (or was it a 2100 state?). The line was refreshed afterwards and I could not catch any task/project/??? detail.
Probable Waiting to run, it may be there for an instant and removed the next run.

Pepo

My BT is connected to 2 machines with 6.11.3 and 6.11.4 and for unknown reason, it is somehow cyclically renaming their names in the Computers tab, sort of:
  MyComputer
to
  SMyComputer«MyComputer
then to
  SSMyComputer«MyComputer«SMyComputer«MyComputer
etc. I've even seen 3 or 4 levels...

It happens shortly (a half minute?) after manually renaming some computer's name. But the irst time it must have appeared automatically, until I've noticed it.
Afterwards, the Computers tab (or even some other actually displayed tab) is automatically switched to some the Tasks tab.

While the names are "mangled", parts of such long names are displayed in all tabs, parts of the history are gone and are missing, i.e. a whole computer's results are not visible. After renaming the particular computer's name to the "correct" one, its history will appear shortly afterwards (but the history of the other computer may again vanish because its name gets renamed using the scheme).

WT. ???

Now I'm back again in a "stable" situation, with a complete History, but my computers' names are displayed (luckily just in the Computers tab) as
  SMachine1«Machine1
  SMachine2«Machine2
Peter

fred

Can't find is in the code, when you ever see it again, try the catch the state.

fred

Quote from: Pepo on August 04, 2010, 10:12:07 AM
Now I'm back again in a "stable" situation, with a complete History, but my computers' names are displayed (luckily just in the Computers tab) as
  SMachine1«Machine1
  SMachine2«Machine2
Er there any special characters in the name. I use ascii 255 and up for special features. But I will put them in the lower range  ascii 1-6, that may be safer.

jjwhalen

Call it a bug, call it a feature request... ;D

In Projects, if a project is in Status No new tasks and/or Suspended, the Deferred for: xx:xx:xx countdown is suppressed.  I need to be able to see both.  This would be consistent with BOINCMgr, where both are displayed.

jjwhalen

FYI Pepo I was watching the History unfold and caught one of these too, on an Einstein task.  I'm sure it was 20100 state.  I almost got a screencap of it, but not quite.  I checked History for the remote host and the Einstein task had just been preempted, left in memory.  So mystery solved (I think): transition from Running to Waiting, as Fred said.

fred

Quote from: jjwhalen on August 06, 2010, 02:28:06 AM
FYI Pepo I was watching the History unfold and caught one of these too, on an Einstein task.  I'm sure it was 20100 state.  I almost got a screencap of it, but not quite.  I checked History for the remote host and the Einstein task had just been preempted, left in memory.  So mystery solved (I think): transition from Running to Waiting, as Fred said.
Should be solved in V 0.68. Some states like 20100, Waiting to run, could be there for one cycle.
They should be removed now before they are shown in the history.