Low priority feature request

Started by jjwhalen, August 04, 2010, 06:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjwhalen

To the Extra>Run CPU benchmarks>... and the Extra>Read Config file>... submenus, could you add an option for "All computers" ?  I for one modify my CC_CONFIG.xml options at least twice a day.

Pepo

Quote from: jjwhalen on August 04, 2010, 06:12:01 PM
To the Extra>Run CPU benchmarks>... and the Extra>Read Config file>... submenus, could you add an option for "All computers" ?  I for one modify my CC_CONFIG.xml options at least twice a day.
Maybe (also) an option for "Selected computers"? (While in the Computers tab?)
Peter

jjwhalen

Quote from: Pepo on August 04, 2010, 06:21:34 PM
To the Extra>Run CPU benchmarks>... and the Extra>Read Config file>... submenus, could you add an option for "All computers" ?  I for one modify my CC_CONFIG.xml options at least twice a day.
Maybe (also) an option for "Selected computers"? (While in the Computers tab?)

Good idea; the Computers tab is still kinda primitive, from its days as a daughter window.  If I remember correctly, Fred has long-term plans to completely redo the presentation with more bells/whistles, but it hasn't bubbled up to the top of the list yet.  He's free to correct me if I'm wrong ;D

jjwhalen

Gentle reminder:

If this requested menu change made it to the wishlist, I can't find it.  Could I get a go/no go please? :)

fred

Quote from: jjwhalen on August 20, 2010, 05:12:40 PM

Gentle reminder:

If this requested menu change made it to the wishlist, I can't find it.  Could I get a go/no go please? :)
Missed that one. ;D
But..... I'm preparing to go on a short trip to France to do some hiking, more hiking less Internet. I don't have Internet access. ???

jjwhalen

Quote from: fred on August 20, 2010, 05:22:05 PM
Quote from: jjwhalen on August 20, 2010, 05:12:40 PM

Gentle reminder:

Missed that one. ;D
But..... I'm preparing to go on a short trip to France to do some hiking, more hiking less Internet. I don't have Internet access. ???

Wasn't trying to rush you, it was low priority...I just noticed it apparently "fell in a crack" ;D  In your own good time, and enjoy the trip to France.  Which reminds me, I have to take a short trip to the Dog Park - retirement is sweet.

fred

Quote from: jjwhalen on August 20, 2010, 06:37:21 PM
Wasn't trying to rush you, it was low priority...I just noticed it apparently "fell in a crack" ;D  In your own good time, and enjoy the trip to France.  Which reminds me, I have to take a short trip to the Dog Park - retirement is sweet.
Retirement  ;D, I think I'm busier now than before.

Beyond

Quote from: fred on August 20, 2010, 06:47:04 PM
Quote from: jjwhalen on August 20, 2010, 06:37:21 PM
Wasn't trying to rush you, it was low priority...I just noticed it apparently "fell in a crack" ;D  In your own good time, and enjoy the trip to France.  Which reminds me, I have to take a short trip to the Dog Park - retirement is sweet.
Me too, and loving it :-)

jjwhalen

Quote from: fred on August 20, 2010, 06:47:04 PM

That was me in 1990, when I retired for the first time (from the Submarine Service).  Now I'm retired for the third time, and a trip to the Dog Park is as close to a day's work as I get (not counting volunteer public service) ;D