Debts columns

Started by John McLeod VII, August 06, 2010, 06:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John McLeod VII

I really miss having long term and short term debt columns in the Project view, and short term debts in the tasks view.

fred

Quote from: John McLeod VII on August 06, 2010, 06:07:27 PM
I really miss having long term and short term debt columns in the Project view, and short term debts in the tasks view.
Ok I could do that.
On the list.

Pepo

Oh, true, that would be nice...
Peter

jjwhalen

Quote from: Pepo on August 06, 2010, 08:40:47 PM
Oh, true, that would be nice...

I agree.  But the Tasks view sure is getting crowded on the X axis.  Thanks be to Bill Gates for tooltips & slider bars :)

Speaking of which Fred, have you investigated mouse shortcuts for show/hide columns (similar to MS Excel)?  Ditto dragging columns to a new location.  I'm not sure if your tabular format lends itself to this as VisualBasic does.  But the current Extra>BoincTask Settings>Tasks GUI is pretty clunky by today's standards (no offense intended) ;D

fred

Only a slight problem.
There are now 3 short and 3 long term debts.
In Tasks I could assign them to the right tasks like cuda ATI or cpu.
But in Projects that's not possible.

fred

I agree.  But the Tasks view sure is getting crowded on the X axis.  Thanks be to Bill Gates for tooltips & slider bars :)

Speaking of which Fred, have you investigated mouse shortcuts for show/hide columns (similar to MS Excel)?  Ditto dragging columns to a new location.  I'm not sure if your tabular format lends itself to this as VisualBasic does.  But the current Extra>BoincTask Settings>Tasks GUI is pretty clunky by today's standards (no offense intended) ;D
It's all in the programming, it's possible to do whatever I like it to do, but most simple things involve a couple off 100++ lines of code. And time.
But maybe now it's time to finally do it.

fred

Quote from: fred on August 07, 2010, 08:58:43 AM

It's all in the programming, it's possible to do whatever I like it to do, but most simple things involve a couple off 100++ lines of code. And time.
Ok I implemented the dragging feature in Tasks and will do the same in Projects.
But I will keep check boxes for the items to be shown. Makes it a lot easier, especially for the new ones to use and makes is less crowded at first.

jjwhalen

Quote from: fred on August 07, 2010, 05:01:49 PM

Ok I implemented the dragging feature in Tasks and will do the same in Projects.
But I will keep check boxes for the items to be shown. Makes it a lot easier, especially for the new ones to use and makes is less crowded at first.
8) 8)

John McLeod VII

??

Most grid controls have this built in as a behavioral setting.

fred

Quote from: John McLeod VII on August 12, 2010, 03:20:08 PM
??

Most grid controls have this built in as a behavioral setting.
They do because it's a build in Windows feature.
Finding out how is mostly the problem.
Still about 10 hour work, to have the same thing as before, but now differently. ;D
But for the better. Implemented in V 0.69