Custom checkpoint warning

Started by jjwhalen, August 14, 2010, 08:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjwhalen

A few (anticipated) questions in advance of the release of v0.70 :)

1) If project/application X isn't defined in config.xml, will its Checkpoint cell keep the color of the rest of the row (good) or revert to RGB 255,255,255 (bad) or even 0,0,0 (worse)?

a) If config.xml is absent, is this = checkpoint warnings disabled?

2) Will the XML parser accept embedded special characters (i.e., spaces) in project/application name strings, or_should_underscores be used?

3) Some Installers/Uninstallers have a bad habit of wiping out everything in the installation directory whether or not it's involved in the installation or removal script.  Will the future update or uninstall-for-later-reinstall leave an existing config.xml alone?  (This may sound paranoid, but I've been burned before ::))

fred

Quote from: jjwhalen on August 14, 2010, 08:27:03 PM
A few (anticipated) questions in advance of the release of v0.70 :)

1) If project/application X isn't defined in config.xml, will its Checkpoint cell keep the color of the rest of the row (good) or revert to RGB 255,255,255 (bad) or even 0,0,0 (worse)?

a) If config.xml is absent, is this = checkpoint warnings disabled?

2) Will the XML parser accept embedded special characters (i.e., spaces) in project/application name strings, or_should_underscores be used?

3) Some Installers/Uninstallers have a bad habit of wiping out everything in the installation directory whether or not it's involved in the installation or removal script.  Will the future update or uninstall-for-later-reinstall leave an existing config.xml alone?  (This may sound paranoid, but I've been burned before ::))
1) No config is as it is now. The config only adds to what is and an active warning set in the config will overwrite any other warnings.
2) Should accept spaces.
3) I won't install the config.xml so no problems there. And the installer doesn't remove anything only overwrites newer versions of itself.